What's new

Squape R Clone on Focal

I could go on but perhaps I don't need to as I have just read that a few company's selling the Squape R and Rose V2 have been issued with cease and desist notices from Stattqualm and Eden Mods.

I presume you mean UK vendors selling the clones? Because they haven't a hope of successfully suing any of the Chinese clone makers.

A few things that I noticed when I had a look at one. I stripped it down. I cut my fingers in a few places with the sharp threads. The threading is rough.
Don't buy a Swiss Army Knife then, they're sharp as fuck.

The ceramic cup sometimes gets stuck and very difficult to get out.
Agreed! First thing I noticed about the clone, not looking forward to build two ...

The airflo hole does not quite line up correctly.
Which one? On the AFC or inside the deck? Both are fine on mine.

It is noisy through the airflow.
Noisier than Heron, Kayfun or Russian?

The overall quality of the metal is not in the same league as the original.
Right, so all this tells me is that it's massively over-engineered and consequently massively overpriced.

I could go on but perhaps I don't need to as I have just read that a few company's selling the Squape R and Rose V2 have been issued with cease and desist notices from Stattqualm and Eden Mods.
Knock yerself out, many of us already have them.
Thanks for the feedback.

Just to clarify I do not have a problem with clones however, a clone is an exact copy and unfortunately I have yet to see an exact copy of the Squape R or the Rose V2.

The only difference I can find with the Rose clone and the authentic is the air control ring stiffness - the clone is way better than the authentic.

My rose clone afc is off though it covers a small amount of the hole on the most open setting but i thought that was just mine at first, i did see a fix somewhere but didn't save it :doh:

But the good news... :D!!!
View attachment 34199

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom