What's new

Slug clone?

I have to stand in defence of the Kato from Mvapes mine is superb it has been my work mod for a month and has not missed a beat. If you are going to buy one buy from Mvapes as with all things you get what you pay for even clones...... thats why there is a price difference. This is my first ever clone mod I normally buy only originals but I have been impressed.

thanks for the feedback folks...

I will hold back for bit and just enjoy the Slug before making a decision on the Kato (just desperate for a side-by-side mod)

Asif

arrived this morning.

First impressions ,

Wood is a lot lighter than on the original but i'll probably be re-sanding and waxing that anyway so will probably get some wood dye on there

510 doesn't seem to have the flush mounting issues that twisted420 had , just tried a magma so far and it sits down nice on the 510.

Brass is brushed as expected and the corners are quite square so think it'll need some rounding off and a good buffing.

Overall feels well put together and lovely in the hand.

will try and get some pics on my break.

1411472605775.jpg
1411472617198.jpg
1411472629312.jpg
1411472645607.jpg
1411472656386.jpg
1411472666823.jpg
1411472678439.jpg

I want a slug,but I've been told that I'm not allowed to spend any more cash on mods(but I might get one for xmas:( )

Also got my Slug today. I won't bother with the pictures, as adjam1972 has done pretty good job of the pics :clapping:.

Right, my impressions.

mod seems to be well built and certainly does feel good in the hand. It is brushed brass (but I prefer that to shiny anyway). The threads for the 510 and battery section seem to be quite good.

Its not as heavy as I thought it would be. The wood does have some blemishes, but its a natural material and adds to the look really. (besides, nothing that a quick rub down with fine sandpaper and polish won't sort out.

I had a bit of a panic attack to start with, as none of my Taifun GT's worked with it and I have 3!! Kayfun and fogger were both fine. It turns out that I had screwed in my atty too hard (trying to get it flush) and pushed the connecting pin down, so wasn't making a decent connection. Luckily, its easy to push it back out again (I did it with a back-end of a pen). I have since just lightly tightened my atty and all seems to be ok now. BUT, the GT's will NOT sit flush - there is a 1mm gap. I am ok with this, as I was aware (watching the YouTube videos) and it doesn't really bother me.

The switch isn't as smooth as I would like. I seem to be able to get it to fire every other attempt. Now this could be just technique and the mechanism needs use to loosen up a bit - but, this switch is never going to be smooth action IMO. There is too much play in the switch and unless your press is true and central - it will catch and not fire. This is irritating, but not necessarily a deal breaker for me (but may be for some)

Overall - I like it! yes some niggly faults (I suspect the centre pin will loosen over time) - for £40 its not a bad buy and will certainly get some use from me (I think)

Wonder what other peeps think of it

Also got my Slug today. I won't bother with the pictures, as adjam1972 has done pretty good job of the pics :clapping:.

Right, my impressions.

mod seems to be well built and certainly does feel good in the hand. It is brushed brass (but I prefer that to shiny anyway). The threads for the 510 and battery section seem to be quite good.

Its not as heavy as I thought it would be. The wood does have some blemishes, but its a natural material and adds to the look really. (besides, nothing that a quick rub down with fine sandpaper and polish won't sort out.

I had a bit of a panic attack to start with, as none of my Taifun GT's worked with it and I have 3!! Kayfun and fogger were both fine. It turns out that I had screwed in my atty too hard (trying to get it flush) and pushed the connecting pin down, so wasn't making a decent connection. Luckily, its easy to push it back out again (I did it with a back-end of a pen). I have since just lightly tightened my atty and all seems to be ok now. BUT, the GT's will NOT sit flush - there is a 1mm gap. I am ok with this, as I was aware (watching the YouTube videos) and it doesn't really bother me.

The switch isn't as smooth as I would like. I seem to be able to get it to fire every other attempt. Now this could be just technique and the mechanism needs use to loosen up a bit - but, this switch is never going to be smooth action IMO. There is too much play in the switch and unless your press is true and central - it will catch and not fire. This is irritating, but not necessarily a deal breaker for me (but may be for some)

Overall - I like it! yes some niggly faults (I suspect the centre pin will loosen over time) - for £40 its not a bad buy and will certainly get some use from me (I think)

Wonder what other peeps think of it

Thanks and that will be why matt did not answer my question RE the switch and play lol.

Thanks and that will be why matt did not answer my question RE the switch and play lol.

Yeah, its not as good as could have been. A shame really, as otherwise its a decent enough mod. But a little irritating to have to wriggle the firing button get it to fire. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make it noticeable.

Now I am not a cloud chaser or have low resistance builds, but my 1ohm RDA seems to perform better on the Slug then it does on my Nemi (fully charged battery in both cases (in fact the same battery swapped) - don't know if that has to anything to 'voltage drop' (as I don't what that is :-). But, happy with its performance

Yeah, its not as good as could have been. A shame really, as otherwise its a decent enough mod. But a little irritating to have to wriggle the firing button get it to fire. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make it noticeable.

Now I am not a cloud chaser or have low resistance builds, but my 1ohm RDA seems to perform better on the Slug then it does on my Nemi (fully charged battery in both cases (in fact the same battery swapped) - don't know if that has to anything to 'voltage drop' (as I don't what that is :-). But, happy with its performance

Thanks for the info, I think I'll still pick one up soon and completely strip it down and see if there's anything that can be done about the switch ;)

Back
Top Bottom