What's new

Russian Silver Back apes a bad influence for shinyitus…

hopefully have a r91 on mat soon always going to love my dippers but it did impress afc on it was bang on bugger all leaks just did the job well. Already have a bit google on topcaps/quartz etc ;)

I have drilled all my kfl out, but the one I got from evapor in Swindon appears to be a custom tobeco r91 kfl hybrid with oversize afc. They describe it as the Russian Lite in the shop.

Sent by Harbinger from the edge of the Apocalypse...

I have drilled all my kfl out, but the one I got from evapor in Swindon appears to be a custom tobeco r91 kfl hybrid with oversize afc. They describe it as the Russian Lite in the shop.

have a genuine v2 (bit odd saying that as its a total rip of the kayfun with different afc not sure guess the Russian really is a clone sorta duno...) coming same as Marks in this thread but not polished finish that grey coating on tempted to find someone with a polisher to buff it off may like it when I see it but have my doubts.

was reading earlier about a few different ones in the clone world dual afc etc.

have a genuine v2 (bit odd saying that as its a total rip of the kayfun with different afc not sure guess the Russian really is a clone sorta duno...) coming same as Marks in this thread but not polished finish that grey coating on tempted to find someone with a polisher to buff it off may like it when I see it but have my doubts.

was reading earlier about a few different ones in the clone world dual afc etc.

I do like that sort of vapour blasted finish though :-)

Bam think that's a match feeling lazy built in bed

DSC_0487.jpg

Well, I've been vaping this beast for a day and a bit now, and I can honestly say that the Silverback / Russian combination, together with Rob's homebrew Red Astaire (slightly higher nicotine than I'm used to, so sent me slightly loopy for a bit), is nothing short of wonderful.

The whole thing is monstrously smooth to vape and is producing a seriously impressive amount of vapour as far as I'm concerned. Bear in mind I'm no expert, as I was (and still am) very happy with the Vaporshark / Protank 3 combo with a 2.1 ohm coil running at a mere 9W (yes I'm a lightweight).

In summary, the whole thing looks lush and works as least as well as I'd hoped, just as well when you consider the cost...

I'm just terrified of how I'm going to re-wick it, never mind build a coil, as I'm utterly cack-handed, and ripped my fingers to shreds just disassembling the Russian when I got it. Nice problem to have, tho...

Well, I've been vaping this beast for a day and a bit now, and I can honestly say that the Silverback / Russian combination, together with Rob's homebrew Red Astaire (slightly higher nicotine than I'm used to, so sent me slightly loopy for a bit), is nothing short of wonderful.

The whole thing is monstrously smooth to vape and is producing a seriously impressive amount of vapour as far as I'm concerned. Bear in mind I'm no expert, as I was (and still am) very happy with the Vaporshark / Protank 3 combo with a 2.1 ohm coil running at a mere 9W (yes I'm a lightweight).

In summary, the whole thing looks lush and works as least as well as I'd hoped, just as well when you consider the cost...

I'm just terrified of how I'm going to re-wick it, never mind build a coil, as I'm utterly cack-handed, and ripped my fingers to shreds just disassembling the Russian when I got it. Nice problem to have, tho...

Glad your enjoying your new shinys bud we will whip those kack hands into coiling machines when the time comes don't fret :)

As I now seem to be unable to unscrew the right bit of the Russian to refill it (and I'm not prepared to use pliers), I am now officially all the gear and no idea.

Try again tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

As I now seem to be unable to unscrew the right bit of the Russian to refill it (and I'm not prepared to use pliers), I am now officially all the gear and no idea.

Try again tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Screwdriver to unscrew the fill hole in the base....

Screwdriver to unscrew the fill hole in the base....

Yeah yeah I completely understand how it needs to be filled!

Allow me to try and explain better:

The Russian has multiple parts that can be unscrewed, as does my mod. I must have over-tightened a bit when connecting the 2 together as, no matter how I grip it, I can't separate the Russian from the mod - the wrong bit always unscrews.

I know precisely where I need to get to, I'm just trying to figure out a way of unscrewing it without scratching or breaking anything. Normally, I'd just brute force it with pliers, but this stuff is too nice to risk damaging it.

I'm sure it'll be incredibly simple, I'm missing something really obvious, but I'll figure it out. How hard can it be to unscrew something in the right place?...

Back
Top Bottom