POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Resistance problem?

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Mods and Devices' started by MarylinC37, Mar 10, 2020.

1. MarylinC37

MarylinC37 Postman

Thank you, much appreciated.

It's going to be really helpful to be able to change the cotton as often as I like when I'm trying out different diy flavours and recipes instead of using stock coils at £3 a time. Plus the flavour is in a different league.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Richard Winter

Richard Winter Achiever

That's the beauty of RTAs and RBAs

3. MarylinC37

MarylinC37 Postman

This is my first ever dual coil build. Now I'm just hoping when I close the airflow and refill the tank I don't get any leaks. With dual coil the cotton seemed a bit too much which was just what I wanted so I could give it a little comb out to get the wicking just right. Not chocked but just enough so I could get one leg of my tweezers in comfortably.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Richard Winter

Richard Winter Achiever

Well done @MarylinC37 , wicking can be an art in itself. Getting it just so right for different RTAs can take several attempts. Fingers crossed it doesn't leak lol.

• Thank Thank x 1
  5. RAPTOREX

RAPTOREX Achiever

Thanks for the specs, unfortunately I was detained, but you've got the answer. However, I have use the same Ni80 coils, you've bought. I'll admit I've never seen that much change in their resistance. Mine ohmed out at, around .14 and settled at .15-.17. Still, very glad your sorted. You love the flavour now. When you've found the kind of wrap you like most, that's the time to try some of the works of art @Smut makes. It'll be worth it.

• Thank Thank x 1
  6. MarylinC37

MarylinC37 Postman

Yeah I watched a load of videos about building decks. There was one from a girl called Wendy Vapes on YT where she made a big point of stressing how to wick the Blotto right.

Those kind of videos are so helpful. I've been looking at ones that explain how to clean and maintain the coils and there was one about releasing the fire button a little bit before you stop inhaling to help cool the coil to prevent it cooking the remaining juice so it doesn't get gunked up and burning the cotton too quickly so I'm seeing how that works too.

No problem. Thanks for offering anyway. Certainly now that the world of DIY juice is opening up to me I can try all kinds of stuff. It's quite exciting really. I've never enjoyed vaping so much.

• Like Like x 2
  7. speedfreek67

speedfreek67 Achiever

I'm glad it all worked out. :)

I've had Ni80 fused Clapton coils reading half the proper resistance before getting them glowing evenly, so it seemed a likely solution.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank Thank x 1
  8. Richard Winter

Richard Winter Achiever

I've seen her before, very good.
    That's a good point z out releasing the fird button before you stop chuffing.
    I also draw on the vape nose and again without firing just to pull the Juice thru the wick to help saturation

• Like Like x 1
  9. MarylinC37

MarylinC37 Postman

All helpful tips and ideas gratefully welcomed. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. MarylinC37

MarylinC37 Postman

Here it is in all it's glory complete with 6ml bubble glass full of nectar. :)

Maz-Blotto.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1