What's new

Repairable Dripping Atomizer

OccultScientist

Administrator
Staff member
Since moving from clearomizers to 306 atomizers I have been seriously impressed with the difference in flavour, throat hit, vapour production and the ability to change liquids on a whim, variety is the spice of life people!

I think I'd like to look at getting into RDAs as I get the atomizer experience as well as giving myself a chance to fiddle.

Which RDA would you recommend for someone like me?
Got my eye on a Clockworks RDA but want some opinions before I jump in at the deep end.

Thanks!

I've only used a beta rebuildable sent to me by a ukvapers member to test out and it's brilliant. There's a really interesting thread on ukv called 'today I built a rebuildable tank atty' which is what the rebuildable I used has evolved into. It's still in development as the design changes daily from suggestions made in the thread but I'm expecting it to be quite special.

I can only speak for the RDA and it's highly thought of even by the experienced rebuilderer ( is that a word?)
I have recorded my experiences with it elsewhere on the forum and despite my reservations about having a go at it it's not THAT hard. I still think I need to experiment more with wires and coils to get it right but I've enjoyed the experience so far. Enough to being thinking about a tank and something maybe a little smarter. The Cobra looks the business.

But. I would not have gone straight for a tank. Or an expensive sought after model. The RDA was the obvious bit if kit to start with. If I'd been totally put off it wouldn't have cost the earth.

I would go for one of the cheapie jobbers from Vapourhut for a starter. If you like it, you have lashed out £14 on a spare device to your shny mod. If you want to throw it out of the window and never see it again (my experience - faffy fiddly pesky thing) then £14 is the price of a Vivi Nova 2 with black metal tank, which is what I would have been better spending my money on.

Just ordered one of te vapourhut jobbies as I was curious about rebuilable drippers too. It will be interesting to see if I want to chuck it out the window too!

Last edited:
I ordered one of the rebuildable drippers Doc, and they are very good. No doubt you will have seen the "when the chrome plate wears off it" threads. I've had mine for about three weeks now and it's still looking as good as it did when I took it out the box. I just wash it under the cold tap when I either change juice or re-wick and wire it, and it's good to go. At £14 a pop, they are very much semi-disposable. Vapingthings also have a nice selection if you're considering further models.

Cheers!

Lee

Cheers Lee, good to hear they can be ok. I have seen the threads about the plating being poor... but like you say at 14 quid they can be chucked without too much guilt if the plating lasts a few weeks. I had seen the others on vapingthings but wanted to get some more of the mister-e-liquids juice (the original reason for the order!)
Cheers,
DocVape

Back
Top Bottom