What's new

Plumeveil overhyped?

Mr.Motivapr

Achiever
So guess we all saw the rip trippers vid where he said this was the best dripper ever.

Well so far I have to disagree.

The flavour is OK, not bad but not particularly impressive either.

I think the sucker has too much airflow due to the way the air comes through the negative posts.

The clouds are pretty good admittedly but the flavour is weak due to the airflow.

The rotating centre post is a pain in the ass when building and the long and short screws are a pain too.

I think it's miles behind the zenith in performance.

The zenith is so easy to build, and the airflow is great opened up and gives a nice dense vape with loads of flavour.

Anyone else with similar experience?

Can't answer yet as I've only just ordered the FT clone.If you still feel the same way in a few months,just refresh this post & I'll give you my opinion :P

im giving mine a good thorough test before deciding, im not overly impressed with the spinning centre post so far.....pita to build on......

I can't answer on the Plume Veil yet as my postie has been and mine isn't here with him *(correction, postie just came back so mine is getting coiled very shortly)

I do have to disagree with you on the Zenith though in that I find it average at best for flavour. So many others are miles ahead of the Zenith V2 in that department that I tend to not use mine despite it being a genuine, Origen is better for flavour but not vapour, even the Quasar that I don't think massive amounts about is probably slightly better for flavour - Zenith is a good vapour machine though.

time for me to test just how good it is in comparison to my personal benchmark though (TOBH). I will use the same coils and wraps as I do in almost everything so it will get a direct comparison

OK, build done. 0.6ohm standard dual coil with organic cotton. Key West in both TOBH and Plume Veil.

Fully open the Plume is much more airy than the TOBH so great for super sub ohm builds. TOBH is pushing the max for air that I need though on wide open so I have back it down a little.

Flavour wise though:

Plume Veil wins, lime comes through with a tiny bit more punch but it is the mid flavours that are accentuated for me, smooth and rich creams are definitely bumped up a notch too.

Vapour

TOBH wins this one so far but this is still my first attempt at tweaking it on the same coil. with airflow about equal though the TOBH seems to deliver noticably more vapour.

Now to take the Plume Veil apart and tweak it I think, flavour wise though it is very good

I've got 2 of them, flavour isn't as good as for example the Brass Monkee but the clouds are big ol' whoppers! I do enjoy blowing weather fronts but it does fall down on flavour, I think it's more intended to be the happy medium between vapour and clouds which IMO, it does exceedingly well.

Have you tried different coil builds in it? with .6 wire running 6 wraps on a 3mm driver and cotton crammed in I do get quite a lot of flavour. More than some drippers that I've tried loads of different builds in like the castle and omega, due to the airflow though it is meant to be running real low ohm builds.

Second build, not so enamoured with it. Flavour was still good but not the same as the first. Third build much better all around. I am finding that winding out the delrin all the way out works better for me but that is the one part of this atty I dislike - the delrin piece makes all my drip tips fit loose compared to pretty much everything else and my RSM pyrex shorty doesn't fit anywhere near as tight as I would trust leaving it in. For me at least, the delrin piece seems pretty worthless.

It might be a very efficient dripper in terms of getting nic into me though as for the first time in ages I am having a nic rush on 6mg.

Still using it back to back with the TOBH and for me it offers better flavour than my previous favourite atty. My genuine Origen and Zeniths are yet another step away from being used regularly

Not that I've had a go, but it does seem to be fiddly bollix over-engineeredy to me from what I have seen.

You know what rocked whilst I had it, I preferred it to the zenith or the origen, was the magma.

Not that I've had a go, but it does seem to be fiddly bollix over-engineeredy to me from what I have seen.

You know what rocked whilst I had it, I preferred it to the zenith or the origen, was the magma.

I never tried the Magma, the look of it always put me off for some reason.

I agree there is a lot going on with the Plume Veil but I think once you know how you like it setup its pretty good and not that hard to setup really. I even used the moving centre post to my advantage in bringing the coils close to the centre at an angle by twisting it 45 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom