What's new

Please recommend me a dripper

Na I'm not afraid of a little difficulty ! I just don't see the logic behind the slotted posts, there always going to want to push the wire out of the way rather than clamping it, and they have also reduced the size of the tip of the snub screw which makes even less sense to me.
I'd be happy if it was still 2 posts but with holes rather than the slots, I've never experienced the Velocity deck so don't know what I'm missing !

Sorry I know I've asked a similar question elsewhere ... but .. what gauge/wraps do you use on the SD ? , I ask because I've bought some 24g to try to get used to very low ohms in possible readiness to try temp control, but I'm finding it to be more harsh.
Might even give up on temp control and go back to .4 to .5 ohms with thinner gauge wire, interested to know your thoughts on the idea ?

Cheers dude

Damob

I couldn't agree more and we are clearly not alone. Hence the agreed decision to release velocity posts. I'd be happy like you said with holes rather than slots, not sure why they went down the slot route. Great piece of kit though and a fab company. They're constantly listening to customer feedback and acting on it too. I use 24g mate, twin coil of about 5 wraps 2mm ID, comes out at around 0.17-0.2. I've never really found it difficult to wrap but I do use a jig. I do on occasion use 26g. Either I find is fine. Depends what you're after I guess?

I couldn't agree more and we are clearly not alone. Hence the agreed decision to release velocity posts. I'd be happy like you said with holes rather than slots, not sure why they went down the slot route. Great piece of kit though and a fab company. They're constantly listening to customer feedback and acting on it too. I use 24g mate, twin coil of about 5 wraps 2mm ID, comes out at around 0.17-0.2. I've never really found it difficult to wrap but I do use a jig. I do on occasion use 26g. Either I find is fine. Depends what you're after I guess?
Thanks for the info Kannon, Just wanted to see if what I was doing coils wise was wrong for this type of RDA, good to know i'm in the right area then :)
I think i'll re-coil it tomorrow and try to do a tidier job with it, I managed to over fill it this evening and now have a small amount of juice sat in the air control ring so want to give it a clean-out anyway !
I might have to invest in a jig, been using a gauged bar thing from the start, but the jig looks to do a better job :)

Cheers my friend

Thanks for the info Kannon, Just wanted to see if what I was doing coils wise was wrong for this type of RDA, good to know i'm in the right area then :)
I think i'll re-coil it tomorrow and try to do a tidier job with it, I managed to over fill it this evening and now have a small amount of juice sat in the air control ring so want to give it a clean-out anyway !
I might have to invest in a jig, been using a gauged bar thing from the start, but the jig looks to do a better job :)

Cheers my friend
I found twisted 28awg at 0.8 or ordinary 26awg at 0.55 to work well - I'd say it's more designed for lighter gauge wires. Unless using a mech, higher resistance would be a better bet IMO - the cap must get whoora hot on a low build, I can get it pretty warm with the 0.55 build at 30ish watts. I'm another who would have been happier with holes instead of slots tbh.

Went to buy a chuff cap earlier and they don't have them on the site any more :( Emailed them to ask about the velocity style deck and if they are doing more chuff caps as they only have very limited numbers of v1 velocity decks, they'll make building a piece of piss.

Enjoy buddy, glad you like it as £85 is a serious vaping outlay.

Spoke with Lee from Eden Mods - it'll be April before the velocity style decks are for sale.

I found twisted 28awg at 0.8 or ordinary 26awg at 0.55 to work well - I'd say it's more designed for lighter gauge wires. Unless using a mech, higher resistance would be a better bet IMO - the cap must get whoora hot on a low build, I can get it pretty warm with the 0.55 build at 30ish watts. I'm another who would have been happier with holes instead of slots tbh.

Went to buy a chuff cap earlier and they don't have them on the site any more :( Emailed them to ask about the velocity style deck and if they are doing more chuff caps as they only have very limited numbers of v1 velocity decks, they'll make building a piece of piss.

Enjoy buddy, glad you like it as £85 is a serious vaping outlay.
Thanks stevoknevo , yes you are bang on ... I was going to post a question about the heat ! that's what I have found, the cap and then the tip get really hot, fast - I tend to sit on my step and vape for 5 - 10 mins just like I used to do when smoking, but I have been having to let it cool off for a few mins before having another puff.
I've bought a couple of tips, one stone and one ceramic to see if that helps to keep the heat away, also they're both black which I think will look better on my IPV4s which is the black version :)
I think i'm going to drop back to .4 to .5 ohms on lighter wire to see how that plays.
Thanks again for your input.
Cheers
DamoB

It can't get seriously hot with lower ohm's. I'm at around 0.2 but have a big drip tip by big! No more burnt lips!

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1454442378.699444.jpg

Yeah I'm in the tub!

It can't get seriously hot with lower ohm's. I'm at around 0.2 but have a big drip tip by big! No more burnt lips!

View attachment 77885

Yeah I'm in the tub!
Blimey that's a big'n :)
Vaping in the tub with a phone ! you're living on the edge pall :)

Yeah I'll see how it is with a stone tip, maybe get something larger later if it's still too hot.
Cheers

Blimey that's a big'n :)
Vaping in the tub with a phone ! you're living on the edge pall :)

Yeah I'll see how it is with a stone tip, maybe get something larger later if it's still too hot.
Cheers
When I first got it I was disappointed. Thought it was too big. However it's most certainly grown on me, it's so comfortable, moulds to your mouth almost. I'd highly recommend. Matching the patina sleeve on the limitless perfectly too.

Haha. I know mate... Craaaazy!

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1454450889.740171.jpg

When I first got it I was disappointed. Thought it was too big. However it's most certainly grown on me, it's so comfortable, moulds to your mouth almost. I'd highly recommend. Matching the patina sleeve on the limitless perfectly too.

Haha. I know mate... Craaaazy!

View attachment 77902
Nice one :D .. I'll take some pics when mine arrive. I don't have a tub tho ... and I think the shower might be a bad idea !!

Check out the Velocity. It was the first mod I ever brought and it's always my go to. Build deck is ridiculously easy and there's enough room for any crazy build you might want to use

Back
Top Bottom