What's new

Need some guidance/reassurance

Gonloopy

Veteran
Hi there ,
well I've thrown myself into rebuildables and mech mods at the same time. -and beginning to wish I hadn't .Im scaring myself silly (so much so that I'm almost to frightened to use my new kit. does look the dogs ... So maybe I will just stare at it :D
I am the proud new owner of a ba gua 14500 and a penelope atty that I got off the classies. Naturally before going down the route of a mech I've spent hours reading around but I am I confess getting a little confused, and I have several questions if some wise person out there wouldn't mind answering.
firstly re penelope , I have coiled it using some no res res wire ( pre bought) it is reading 1.8 on my provari ( nice and steady no jumping around!) it seems to be working fine and producing plenty of vapour, but I notice it does get quite warm/ hot. Does this mean I have a short? Or is this normal for a penelope?
also the ba gua I have some new aw imr batteries and seem to be getting different advice depending on where i read. What will happen if I inadvertently let the batteries run too low on a mech mod. Will it just not work or do I potentially have a rocket launcher in my hands? I was reading one thread somewhere that one guy changes his batteries over every time he vapes and checks them each time ( I.e every 15-30 mins) Surely not......
help!

I cant comment on the Penelope, and have to admit, I struggle with 'normal' rebuildables, let alone res/no res set ups, so you have let yourself in for a baptism of fire, lol.

As for getting hot, even my evods and protanks etc, get hot at the base!

As for the batteries, as long as they are protected, they are fine, if the voltage gets too low, they will just not fire the device. There is safe use, then damn anal, and checking every 30 minutes, is just that. :)

I don't even use protected in my rebuildables, just regular high-drain efest and aw bats, just put the mod down for a couple of minutes if you reckon it is getting a bit too toasty.
I also don't check my battery level, I usually notice when the battery is dropping off so much that it is affecting my vaping pleasure, as just change and recharge.

Every atomizer gets warm its just the heat of the coil convecting to the body, as for the batteries once it drops below 3.8 volts the vapour and flavour drop considerable and that's the time to change the battery

the lower the ohms the hotter it gets... i vae 1.8 pretty much all day n night, use it on every mod i own withou issue.

the key is to make sure you have the right battery for the job!

Thanks everyone , - really appreciate it.
i thought what i had done was ok, but sometimes you just need somebody else to confirm it too. Feel a lot happier now. One happy vaper coming up :D

I just recoiled my Igo-F from Safercigs, first time since I got it, always makes me nervous, but a fresh wick and coil always reminds me how much I LOVE rebuilding! Wrapped this at 1.8 with .20 Kanthal and 1.5mm silica from Stealthvape and happily vaping it on my Sig 20 with AW IMRs!

I know what you mean, and Im very much a noob, but can't seem to stop myself from hurtling head long in to all things vaping. It seems to have some kind of magnetic pull with me. ....
With rebuilding I find that there is some kind of weird smugness when I get it right, - as in ooh look vapour!- I did that!). Pleased as punch I got the penelope on the 2nd go. Found it easier than protank etc ( did cheat tho with ready made res no res wire) :D

You know what my VERY first rebuildable was?

A genuine siam mods Cobra. I had been vaping something like 8 months by then and nailed it first go!

A genny ? First rebuild? Wow.
been a bit too scared of them, that's why I plumped for the penelope .
anyhow am happy for now and thoroughly enjoying my new toy.
- until shinyitis attacks and the bank balance allows...
skinting me vaping... But keep telling myself it'll be better once I've found my ideal and stick with it.... :grin2:

Back
Top Bottom