What's new

My First Dual Coil - bit of an anticlimax

Nice. Tell him galloways pies rock.

Which rba did you get?

For kanthal. I was using .25 for pretty much everything but as I got into mechs I found I needed .3 and I now use .45 which is the fence wire you see in the above pictures.

The thicker wire is much much easier to work with, you still need to torch it before coiling but its very workable.

One thing you will love is ribbon, it givrd great flavour and good wick coverage for your resistance, I'm using two of these in a dripper and I'm really impressed

Here's the video

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbu8ESqgcr8[/video]

That's MENTAL!!

Its bloody awesome lol I didn't balance mine so I get a little burst from one but if I pukse or hold the switch it goes insane.....I kind of went for dual coils at .5ohm lol

Its all practice, with the cost of kanthal and the amount needed its not like it matters if you bugger one up, some sweet looking coils there gords1001

Nice. Tell him galloways pies rock.

Which rba did you get?

For kanthal. I was using .25 for pretty much everything but as I got into mechs I found I needed .3 and I now use .45 which is the fence wire you see in the above pictures.

The thicker wire is much much easier to work with, you still need to torch it before coiling but its very workable.

One thing you will love is ribbon, it givrd great flavour and good wick coverage for your resistance, I'm using two of these in a dripper and I'm really impressed

Here's the video

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbu8ESqgcr8[/video]

I already have an AGA T2 that was fine on the first set up and then just died on me - haven't managed to get a reading off it since and can't see any obvious reason for it.

Got an AGA T3 from a fellow ape today - but it's impossible to work with tiny coils on this, so I'm only managing 3 wraps with .2 Kanthal.

I did have a go with twisting wire over the weekend on the dripper and it was worse than a regular coil, but I was thinking of having another go on the T3, to get more wraps out of it

Right.

Aga t3 I'll be able to report more fully on in the next couple of days as I have one inbound. The t2 sounds like its lost a connection somewhere. A strip down and reassembly may cure that, I'd be happy to take a lok at it sometime if you wanted.

Todds reviews did a good video on the t3 thats well worth a watch. I will just go with a micro coil and cotton because I know I can get it to work.

For twisted kanthal, I foubd it best to use a drill. Mr riptrippers has a video up on that too, both him and todd are worth book marking for reference and I think that igetcha69 would probably be worthwhile checking out as you like silica and traditional coils, thar seems to be his mo too.

Let us know how you get on but I'll post up a t3 build thread and link it here too. I might even try a silica build, I'm not all that into mesh and one advantage of silica or cotton is it will increase the potential capacity of the unit by dint of being more absorbant.

I prefer cotton, but can't figure out a decent strategy on the T3.

With the T2, I've stripped & rebuilt it at least 5 times, no joy. If I can't figure it out before, I was thinking of taking it to Hawkshead in the hope someone more clued up could take a look at what's gkne wrong. I picked that RBA specifically because the reviews were so good, so I know it's not an inherent fault in the design

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Mr fleabag could always drop it in here if you want me to take a look see.

Aga t3 arrived today, I'm just convincing my little chimps to go to sleep then I'm going to build it.

I'm thinking of windinh a micro coil and feeding a cotton spear down in the well, much the same as the Prometheus build earlier in the thread but with cotton.

I suspect I'll be taking a drill to the air hole too tbh. Target resistance .6ohm unless you have a request Fleabag ?

I find it very airy - even more so than the protanks.
Not a problem, but taking a bit to adjust

Mr fleabag could always drop it in here if you want me to take a look see.

Aga t3 arrived today, I'm just convincing my little chimps to go to sleep then I'm going to build it.

I'm thinking of windinh a micro coil and feeding a cotton spear down in the well, much the same as the Prometheus build earlier in the thread but with cotton.

I suspect I'll be taking a drill to the air hole too tbh. Target resistance .6ohm unless you have a request Fleabag ?

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind (once Mr Fleabag learns his way round Wigan)

Back
Top Bottom