What's new

Looking for clarification...

Didnt they used to make an adventure bike that looked just like that, gs i think?

Didnt they used to make an adventure bike that looked just like that, gs i think?

Yeah, Vstrom 650 & Vstrom 1000, known as the DL650 and DL1000. Same engine as the SV650 & SV1000, tuned slightly different.

Had a hankering to get one and do something 'adventurous' when i was younger, but when i had the money and the fitness to do it, i was too busy working to have the time...

Probably wouldnt want to do it these days anyway, specially with an american passport, rumor is we arent the most popular folk most places, lol

Take a look at the new VStrom 1050XT, I love the retro styling.

That's the problem with working, all the money, no time to use it. I'd say go for it if you've got the money now, you might look back later in life and regret not doing it.

You can pick up brand new Royal Enfield Himalayan's for a few grand, dirt cheap. Not the fastest, 411cc single long stroke thumper, torquey but similar power to a 250cc. They're great for off-roading, a woman called ItchyBoots on YouTube has practically gone around the world on one.

Bad knees man...maybe i could get away with it with just a bad back, but not without the knees.

I got my eye on something else to focus on, hopefully next spring if things work out.

Back
Top Bottom