What's new

Kayfun lite advice ?

thedarthVap3r

Achiever
Got my kayfun lite today ( obvious as otherwise i wouldnt be making this thread i guess.)
and ive hastily set it up ( took about a minute so its pretty ghetto)

just wanted to get your opinion on some do's and dont's with this bad boy before i starting playing around with this thing and destroy it.

how strong is the clear tank?

suggested set ups , thickness of silica , ohms , wire the works.

anything that will make my experience with it as painless as possible , for both me , and the kayfun itself.

I'm using 2mm silica and .2 kanthal at 3/4 wraps coming out at 1.6. I have been using a figure of 8 wick which I found easiest as the loops sit really nicely over the juice wells. Don't use too much wick as it can pop out of the juice well causing flooding and juice pissing out of the airhole. Oh and make sure you have enough juice cos if you are like me you won't be able to put it down :D

I'm using 2mm silica and .2 kanthal at 3/4 wraps coming out at 1.6. I have been using a figure of 8 wick which I found easiest as the loops sit really nicely over the juice wells. Don't use too much wick as it can pop out of the juice well causing flooding and juice pissing out of the airhole. Oh and make sure you have enough juice cos if you are like me you won't be able to put it down :D

ill give that a bash :) thanks :) ( gonna youtube the figure of eight )

I'll try and show you but can do it better tomorrow if you still need a hand. Get your silica and wrap it around your finger and back round your thumb to make a figure of 8 pattern with 2 tails
null_zps66905c16.jpg

Then take it off your fingers in a double loop
null_zps327ead49.jpg

then you get your wire and thread it through the loops to make the coils. Pull them fairly tight and attatch to the kfl. Pull the tails so you have fairly small loops so they are only just touching the juice wells and trim the tails off. Out on the small tube and make sure the loops are tucked downwards and you are done. I hope that makes some sense, as I said I can do a proper tutorial tomorrow if you need it :)

I'll try and show you but can do it better tomorrow if you still need a hand. Get your silica and wrap it around your finger and back round your thumb to make a figure of 8 pattern with 2 tails
null_zps66905c16.jpg

Then take it off your fingers in a double loop
null_zps327ead49.jpg

then you get your wire and thread it through the loops to make the coils. Pull them fairly tight and attatch to the kfl. Pull the tails so you have fairly small loops so they are only just touching the juice wells and trim the tails off. Out on the small tube and make sure the loops are tucked downwards and you are done. I hope that makes some sense, as I said I can do a proper tutorial tomorrow if you need it :)

tutorials perfect. got it set up. 2.0hms , little higher than i was expecting but shh. tightened the loops so that they rest ontop of the juice wells. stuffed em and boom. its alot easier than it sounds. and when. now i have some flavour :D i didnt much care for the juice ( redwood blend) so figured id use that as a tester just so i wasnt wasting my better stuff. turns out this redwood is actually pretty darn nice !

tutorials perfect. got it set up. 2.0hms , little higher than i was expecting but shh. tightened the loops so that they rest ontop of the juice wells. stuffed em and boom. its alot easier than it sounds. and when. now i have some flavour :D i didnt much care for the juice ( redwood blend) so figured id use that as a tester just so i wasnt wasting my better stuff. turns out this redwood is actually pretty darn nice !
Cool, glad it worked! It's very forgiving on ugly coils too which is a bonus as it is a little fiddly getting them spaced properly this way but the rest works perfectly for me.

Cool, glad it worked! It's very forgiving on ugly coils too which is a bonus as it is a little fiddly getting them spaced properly this way but the rest works perfectly for me.

I know you should of seen the mess M made of andys on Saturday :)

I know you should of seen the mess M made of andys on Saturday :)

so im not the only one who made a hash of it. thats a relief. though im not even sure if my 2 end coils are even glowing at all tbh. it works at least so cant complain but it certainly aint gonna be winning any beauty contests thats for sure.

Hi I did mine Sunday morning/ lunch, after watching some dude on youtube. I don't know what size wire or wick i was using, but it seemed effortless than what I thought it was going to be. I've been vapeing on it for the last two days on the same wick, Still goin strong.
I think that's quite cool as my normal smoke is a Boge cart and tank. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377037364.829970.jpg

Back
Top Bottom