POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

kayfun getting me down :(

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Mods and Devices' started by clint, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Haggard Zygote

Haggard Zygote Postman

I think this bit is because of the way the wicking chamber works, there should always be a pool (for lack of a better word) at the base inside the chimney section, the air pressure keeps this from getting up to the height of the air hole I believe, but it will be pooling at the base of the wick, turning the device upside down will cause the juice to go up the chimney. As for the juice disappearing, that's a mystery. But It maybe that the juice is going up into the top of the device again because of the suction effect? I'm not to sure though, hopefully someone else can be more enlightening on that one for you

• Like Like x 1
  2. NextGen360
  3. clint

clint Achiever

The amount of juice that comes out when I turn it upside down is far more than what should have accumulated inside the chimney for wicking. Its obvious that its the juice that's dropped down into the base.

I do know that it won't take much for the pressure to change inside the kayfun, it works quite similar to a poultry drinking system, which is why I'm swayed to agree with ZT that the o rings could be on their way out.

4. sparkyjuice

sparkyjuice Achiever

The airhole is on the side right ? as the 510 connector does not take air in (normally) surely it must be the seal/insulator on the positive post ?

5. Cuts Ice
  6. simonsays

simonsays Achiever

Coil and wick too close to the airhole?

7. Miss Pepper

Miss Pepper Super Moderator Staff Member

Have you got spare o rings? If not what size do you need and i will see what i have :)

• Thank Thank x 1
  8. Phantom Diablo

Phantom Diablo Achiever

as well as the orings only other thing is somehow the wick is blocking/trapping juicein the channels or theres not enough wick and its not reatining the juice where it shoulda.. hard to know without seeing pic of your build

9. u8myufo

u8myufo Achiever

Well @clint short of replacing said "O" rings have you checked that the block is securely tight. This would be the only other place I could see liquid creeping into the base under the delrin insulator. Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs, just a thought.

[​IMG]

#17 u8myufo, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  10. u8myufo

u8myufo Achiever

11. clint

clint Achiever

I've already got some replacements on their way to me but thank you. :)

12. u8myufo

u8myufo Achiever

Keep us updated how you get on M8, its always nice to know if a problem has been resolved one way or the other.