What's new

Kangertech Subtank Mini Problems

b19yul

Hi Folks

Just a little question re the above.

I have been using the above tank with my Innokin Cool Fire IV however i seem to be going through coils like no mans business?.

I run it at 20W using the 0.5 Coil. I am basically going through a coil for every 10-15ml of juice!!

Any hints/tips or ideas?

Thanks

What brand of juice are you using mate and what VG/PG rating?

Also are the coils all from the same packet, I've done 5 coils from the same packet in 3 days before due to them being a bad batch!

Check that the mod is reading the ohms correct and delivering the correct voltage @20w. With those settings should be about 3.16v
Are you getting burnt taste? is it producing vapour? Why is the coil not performing?

I've been using my mini every day for several months now.
I use the rebuildable at about .5 using 26 awg kanthal
I get through nearly 2 tanks a day
I change the wick once every week to 2 weeks.
The last coil lasted a month

Maybe it's a batch of crap wire in the pre-builts?

That seems a bit of a low wattage setting for a half ohm build, I would guess you're clagging your coils somewhat. Ramp it up a bit and see.

Just for data sake, I vape on Kbox mini box and tank. Been using 24awg (.5mm) Kanthal A1, 5 wraps gets me .4ohms (home made)

At 25watt, voltage is at 3.2. I'm not consent 25watts, goes up and down depending on juice I'm tanking. Ranges from 22.5-30watt. Find above 30 and I get wicking issues on most of my juices. Minimum VG of 60 - 90%

Powered with 30Q's.

Coils last me around 2/3 weeks. Even then, I can often 'dry fire' and clean under tap and get much longer. had a few last about 6 weeks.

I'm having the same issue as the OP having started building for the first time. I have 28awg Kanthal with 4 wraps and have 0.5ohms showing on the Subox. I'm not able to get anywhere near my normal 36w (that I have on my Aspire Mega) and am burnt tasting at as low as 20w.
Could we both be suffering from poor wicking and not getting enough juice to the coil? I am finding it very difficult to create a wick that isn't bound too tight in what is a 2mm across internal diameter. I'm using 80vg juice by the way.

I'm having the same issue as the OP having started building for the first time. I have 28awg Kanthal with 4 wraps and have 0.5ohms showing on the Subox. I'm not able to get anywhere near my normal 36w (that I have on my Aspire Mega) and am burnt tasting at as low as 20w.
Could we both be suffering from poor wicking and not getting enough juice to the coil? I am finding it very difficult to create a wick that isn't bound too tight in what is a 2mm across internal diameter. I'm using 80vg juice by the way.

Good scissors are the key. I use these. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIRANHA-P...650595?hash=item5b140141a3:g:RBMAAOSw-vlVhDXS

You can cut a .5mm strip off the side of a pad of muji. :D

I've had 2x Subtanks on the go for a while now, one on the Subox and the other on an Istick 30. It's been handy having both for trialling different builds and tweaking. I've tried 28g single, dual, Clapton and twisted coils at 2mm with varied results. I've had much better results using a 2.5mm drill bit. Best and most consistent build I've found is a 5 wrap 2 strand twisted. The twist pitch is 1mm and like kangertech, I leave slight gap between each coil. This gives me 0.6ohms which I can happily chain blast my 80vg through at 22w without dry wicking.

It doesn't look pretty and I'm no expert but it consistently works for me.
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1455821347.121473.jpg

Back
Top Bottom