What's new

kanger protank has started electocuting me ?

thedarthVap3r

Achiever
yeah as the title suggests , been using it for a few days , fine . but now its cutting out and zapping my lips when firing.

when i fire it away from my mouth it fires fine , but when making contact with my mouth it misfires and electrocutes me.

HELP!

is there something im doing wrong? is there some fix for this?

I can only guess it would be a short of some kind, most likely in the coil head, or possibly the ends of the wire that would be just seen around the rubber grommet. Could they possibly be making contact with the base...? Admittedly I don't really know, but I would try it with another head if you have one!

Do you have a lip piercing/tongue piercing/teeth like jaws from the bond film?

Feck knows if it would make a difference, I'm just nosey :D

Do you have a lip piercing/tongue piercing/teeth like jaws from the bond film?

Feck knows if it would make a difference, I'm just nosey :D

hahahaha!!!! i feel as if i should mention that i am sadly the bloke in my picture , just before these questions really start to go downhill haha!!

"oh your a 36dd yeah now it totally makes sense why sparks are flying with your protank."

and just to clarify , no i dont have any piercings :)
im going to attempt to rebuild the head and see if it makes a difference , although it will be my first attempt, so it could go from a little shock , do potential death. wish me luck!

Only thing I can think of is it your coil is sitting too high, and it's touching the top of the coil post! This COULD then send some power up the coil post, and through the mouth piece if there's fluid sitting on the top knurled post bit. :)

update -

must have been a funky coil . ive rebuilt it and im not getting zapped anymore.
tastes crap now mind so ill have another bash at wicking it. as currently i prefere the little shock as long as it still tasted alright :(

update -

must have been a funky coil . ive rebuilt it and im not getting zapped anymore.
tastes crap now mind so ill have another bash at wicking it. as currently i prefere the little shock as long as it still tasted alright :(

If you're getting shocks, I found the most common culprit is the wraps on the ends of the coil touching the metal cup they sit in. A little nudge in the right direction with a needle sorts it out. It seems to happen when the wick gets nudged a bit when assembling or washing them (I've had it happen to a previously good head).

The iffy taste might be the rubber grommet singeing if you haven't doubled up and wrapped the legs or used no-resistance wire. The original heads use no resistance wire wherever they come into contact with rubber to prevent them heating up as much as the rest of the coil and burning it.

I've found making a microcoil helps a bit with that too (though it takes a bit of experimentation to get the number of wraps and diameter of the coil right for the guage of wire and voltage of the device you're using - they tend to work better at lower voltage than a regular coil even though their resistance is higher). If you google for 'protank microcoils' you'll probably find some tips.

If you're getting shocks, I found the most common culprit is the wraps on the ends of the coil touching the metal cup they sit in. A little nudge in the right direction with a needle sorts it out. It seems to happen when the wick gets nudged a bit when assembling or washing them (I've had it happen to a previously good head).

The iffy taste might be the rubber grommet singeing if you haven't doubled up and wrapped the legs or used no-resistance wire. The original heads use no resistance wire wherever they come into contact with rubber to prevent them heating up as much as the rest of the coil and burning it.

I've found making a microcoil helps a bit with that too (though it takes a bit of experimentation to get the number of wraps and diameter of the coil right for the guage of wire and voltage of the device you're using - they tend to work better at lower voltage than a regular coil even though their resistance is higher). If you google for 'protank microcoils' you'll probably find some tips.

cheers for this , ill have some tinkering on the weekend :D

Back
Top Bottom