What's new

Justfog 1453 coil rebuild

michty

When I was working in Korea, I bought a Justfog 1453 clearomiser there which worked well. I was buying replacement coils over here in Britain but discovered that they can be rebuilt so it works out a lot cheaper.

Not knowing what material to use, I contacted a seller who said I should be OK with Kanthal A1 material wire (32AWG/1.8ohms) and cotton so bought a batch of premade wire and wicks to fit into the coil head.

These only seem to be lasting a few days to a week maximum before tasting strange and giving me a really poor draw so I replace it. But if buying the Justfog replacement coils, I can get them to last 3-4 weeks before replacement so I'm wondering if the material I'm using is wrong.

Any thoughts?

How tight are you packing the wicking? It could be drying up and burning out

Well I did think about this when I was making up some new coils today. To be fair, I had been twisting cotton up quite tight but these last ones I've made aren't. I'll see how they fair over the next week or so.

Just dissected one of the coils and wicks and after 5 days it was like a ball of charcoal covering the coil.

This is a very nice pen that made me switch to vaping through a friend of mine. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a (first) mouth to lung pen.

I don't do coil rebuilding though, so I can't help you with that.

I started using different cotton and it seems to have helped a bit thankfully.

Back
Top Bottom