What's new

How to get coils to burn more evenly

Jd_

Achiever
Im gaving this problem and i cant seem to find a reproducable method to keep my coils from heating up in the middle and not really making it to the edges.

Other than spacing and strumming, is there any other tricks to try?

U can see where the dark part of the coil is in the middle, but the edges dont heat up

20210217_141631.jpg

spacing them? but coils will always heat up more in the middle.
Ive been having real good luck with these unspaced tho, and n if i space em im gonna have to take out at least 1 or 2 wraps

Uggh, ok, *heads up to new rta users*
Remember to let the coil cool down all the way before using a brush with nylon bristles to clean it

Lol...starting over...

Lose some wraps and a coil like should really be spaced, doesn't have to be by much.

Its a little better now, i didnt really space them, but i strumed harder than usual which kinda made them not squeezed together so tightly. I have a much wider glow now.

Ive been trying different things, i tried seperating it in the middle of the wrap, but that made a fierce hotspot where the space was.

Maybe i wil try spacing just the 2nd 4th and 6th wrap to see what happens.

Since i stopped using spaced i get zero spitting, thats why i am reluctant to go back to spaced coils

Ive been trying different things, i tried seperating it in the middle of the wrap, but that made a fierce hotspot where the space was.

Maybe i wil try spacing just the 2nd 4th and 6th wrap to see what happens.

Since i stopped using spaced i get zero spitting, thats why i am reluctant to go back to spaced coils
Space the coil, put a bit more cotton in your wick slots to try and stop it wicking so well, that might stop the spitting.

Back
Top Bottom