POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Help this idiot - nemesis clone

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Mods and Devices' started by tobywonkanobi, Oct 21, 2014.

1. tobywonkanobi

tobywonkanobi Achiever

1st mech, please be gentle with me! ok I've screwed on the attie, screwed the mods pin up to it, attached the tubes, put in a battery, screwed on the base. It's not anywhere near connecting with the battery. I took the small tube out first, which I believe is for a kick. I've unscrewed the connection in the base to the point that's it nearly out completely, yet still nowhere near connecting with the 18650. Please help folks, I wanna get this running before bed! ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1413928996.756159.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

2. Crumps

Crumps Postman

tobywonkanobi
    There is another ring attached to the tube, its very small, approx 2-3mm, its for a safety fuse. I think its attached to your top cap in the photo. Take it off and you will have connection.

3. Miss Pepper

Miss Pepper Super Moderator Staff Member

Take the third little ring from the top off.
    if you havent taken the middle tube off do that too!

Pulled my hair out when i got my first one and gave the forum members loads of laughs!

4. Audiopsyence

Audiopsyence Achiever

Your switch assembly looks very long. Do you have a threaded, knurled screw in there you can tighten. You shouldn't be able to see that spring matey.

5. manic_asif

manic_asif Postman

I don't have my Nemesis with me at the moment, but IIRC, there is another ring connected to the top cap that needs to be removed to fit a 18650 battery.

So, you should have:

atty > airhole ring > top cap > top half tube > base tube

The ring that needs to be removed is abut 5mm

This is all from memory, but I remember struggling with it until I found the small ring (no idea what its for - certainly not the kick ring, which you have already identified

6. mostlygrumpy

mostlygrumpy Postman

So you don't feel bad here's an extract from a message I sent Rob stealthvape on Saturday when I got my V1 clone.

"I'm going to admit something. I got the v2 set up no bother, the ceramic drip tip is amazing and the switch is a dream. The v1 though. Ve just spent an hour trying to get it to work, I couldn't get it to fire in 18350, 18500 or 18650. I'd swapped the spring for the magnets, I thought I'd done something wrong there, but no. I compared each piece to a cheap FT nemmy clone I had and still I couldn't get it to fire.

So I was about to email you saying I think it's faulty when I thought I'll just watch the Todd review of it again and see him take it to bits I must be doing something wrong. And then he says, I'll just take the kick out.. I don't use a kick.

The threading is so good the kick ring was invisible. Of course it's all fine. I'm just a dick.

Thanks for the great product and great service."

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

7. tobywonkanobi

tobywonkanobi Achiever

Cheers for the speedy response. In one of these bits? ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1413929642.394174.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

8. manic_asif

manic_asif Postman

That's coz he has loosened the base cap/pin to the point its almost separate - I struggled with this when I got my first nemy and did exactly the same thing

9. mostlygrumpy

mostlygrumpy Postman

It's at the top of the tube with the storm trooper on. Give it a twist opposite switch end. There's a very small 'tube' there.

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

10. manic_asif

manic_asif Postman

Yes, the one that's still connect to the base cap (i.e. NOT the one with the 2 small holes - you still need that)