What's new

Hellvape Destiny stopped working properly on any mod.

I have spare post screws but no spare 510 pin.

No reason to need one, whip out the 510 pin and 510 insulator, check the 510 thread for paint. Pull out the positive post, remove the post insulator, check carefully all round, looking for paint, bloody whole tank looks sprayed to shit with it, even check where the post screws screw in. You're looking for paint where you need continuity - where the connections are, I reckon @zouzounaki might be right about the paint.

Check where the 510 pin connects to the positive underside post part of the build deck. I'm assuming the negative post is not removable or it's not some sort of press fit job. Reassemble carefully and take your time, esp. when reassembling the 510 pin &pin insulator(s), back in the tank assembly. Enough times I've rushed jobs and had to do it all again, because the damn thing still wasn't right.

Do you not have a multimeter, to check continuity between the positive 510 pin and the positive post screw - when fully tightened, same with the negative 510 thread and the negative post screw. Sounds like a lot of work, it's not or at least it shouldn't be, hardest part is probably spotting some random paint.

There is defiantly no paint on the 510 pin and I cant seem to be able to remove the insulator?

I don't have a multimeter either. :)

Ill try and strip it down as best as i can a bit later and check for any paint.

There is defiantly no paint on the 510 pin and I cant seem to be able to remove the insulator?

I don't have a multimeter either. :)

Ill try and strip it down as best as i can a bit later and check for any paint.

the paint i was meaning was the paint on the outside threaded part. you can see it in your photo, the top 1 or 2mm has black paint.

the old thread i’m thinking of, i think the issue was caused because the paint was stopping it screwing in and making a solid connection with the mod just by a tiny bit, not enough to notice it. or somehow interfering with it making a good connection. the person had two tanks the same, an ss and a black one, and the black one had a similar problem to yours and concluded this was the problem.

So I put batteries in a brand new Legend and decided out of curiosity to try the Destiny. Had it on the Legend since yesterday and it hasn't done it once, same build and everything.

How very strange, what's all that about? Funny old game this vaping lark.

Back
Top Bottom