What's new

Got to recoil my first dripper soon.

JoeSmart

Postman
I've got a smok scar and a mech mod coming my way soon. I'm going to stick a 18650 3.7V in my mech as it's the only battery I have at the moment.

The only thing I'm concerned about is what to use for the coil and wick. I'm not worried about making the coil itself, I am quite dextrous and good with things like that. I'm just confused about how to get the resistance I need.

I don't have an ohm checker of any sort, but looking at charts, on a 3.7V mech mod I need about 2ohms of resistance. My dripper is duel coil, so need 2 4ohm coils in there.

What wire and wick would I use and how many turns to acheive 4ohms of resistance?

Micro coils seem like the easiest method I've found but how would I go about making one of such high resistance. Most micro coils I've seen sit at about 1ohm.

I've got a smok scar and a mech mod coming my way soon. I'm going to stick a 18650 3.7V in my mech as it's the only battery I have at the moment.

The only thing I'm concerned about is what to use for the coil and wick. I'm not worried about making the coil itself, I am quite dextrous and good with things like that. I'm just confused about how to get the resistance I need.

I don't have an ohm checker of any sort, but looking at charts, on a 3.7V mech mod I need about 2ohms of resistance. My dripper is duel coil, so need 2 4ohm coils in there.

What wire and wick would I use and how many turns to acheive 4ohms of resistance?

Micro coils seem like the easiest method I've found but how would I go about making one of such high resistance. Most micro coils I've seen sit at about 1ohm.
Its all dependent on size of wire, coil diameter and how its wrapped. But if you wrap 5 turns of .25 Kanthal A1 around a 2.5mm drill bit shaft and keep the legs to a minimum then you'll get a coil of 1.5 ohms (I've got that in my Kayfun). Your dripper can take dual coil but it will run quite nicely on one, get used to coiling it with one first then try dual coils. I'm afraid I must insist that you have some way of checking resistance as a short on a mech mod will cause the battery to heat rapidly and either vent or explode in your face, neither of which will be much fun, you can pick up a nearly accurate meter for £8.99 from Maplin on Edge lane in liverpool...

Back
Top Bottom