What's new

Goon 1.5 or Recurve?

bobsyeruncle

Postman
Fancy a new rda.
Heard good things about both.
Current favourites are my 2 dead rabbits.
Any experiences, thoughts etc?
Cheers.

Depends on what your looking for in a vape, the goon 1.5 won't be any good on a low power squonk because it needs big big coils to get the best out of it and the recurve will be great on a squonk but doubt it's taking juggernaut coils at 150w

Or have a look at the Thunderhead Creations Tauren atty. It’s around $20 from FT with a MAP code and the same sort of price at 3FVape.

Deck is very similar to the recurve if you like that, but more roomy. I’ve got it, but I haven’t built it yet [emoji51]. Promises to be a goody though.

Edit: As per @mattyk2010 I don’t think the Goon 1.5 is any good unless you’ve got massive coils and throw triple figure power at it. I don’t dislike the 1.5, far from it, but it’s firmly aimed at cloud production rather than flavour imo. I think the flavour off the V1 was better.

Cheers guys.
I'm more interested in flavour than clouds.
I dont squonk either.
I'll check out the tauren

I got a Goon 1.5 ages ago and was disapointed, however actually just saw a new review on Vics channel that might interest you...

Asmodos C4 LP RDA

Looks good and Vic says probably topped his list for best flavour RDAs, deffo in his top 3 and beat the Goons.

To add aswell my most recent RDA was the DJV Mk1 which hass incredible flavour but not a lot of reviews out for it yet been kept fairly quiet. Its bottom and side airflow though so not for you if you dont like bottom air RDAs... I ended up tucking the 4 tails into the centre so I could drip/squonk right into the cotton and has prevented leaking for me :)

To add aswell my most recent RDA was the DJV Mk1 which hass incredible flavour but not a lot of reviews out for it yet been kept fairly quiet. Its bottom and side airflow though so not for you if you dont like bottom air RDAs... I ended up tucking the 4 tails into the centre so I could drip/squonk right into the cotton and has prevented leaking for me :)
Saw one today in a shop. Looks good, but they only had silver. If they had black I'd have bought it.
Ive got the DJV rta but dont use it as I find the wicking a bit of a faf.

Saw one today in a shop. Looks good, but they only had silver. If they had black I'd have bought it.
Ive got the DJV rta but dont use it as I find the wicking a bit of a faf.

I have the black one, not a fan of SS either. i also have the RDTA and use it daily. I just leave long tails on my wick, slightly twist the ends of all 4 tails then use the curved tweezers from the CM set so tuck them all into the holes the turn it upside down (without the glass and bottom panel) and pull them all through, then just cut them as close as the deck lets me. I love it! probably my most used tank since I started vaping which is why i had the RDA preordered! :D

I have a goon clone 1.5. Running my normal fused ni clapton with 26awg parralel, air flow closed down about half at around 65w. Tastes fantastic. And a little bit of cloudage into the equation.
The VLS is another great flavour atty in my opinion and the aequitas is a lot like the rabbit but you can switch the airflow to bottom which i find makes it a little better that the DR (which i do like alot btw) the clones of the aequitas on fast tech are cheap but really good.

An old favourite for me but I always mention it is the tsunami 24. Still don't think I've found anything that beats it pound for pound at an equal flavour/cloud delivery. Yes the Kennedy 24/5 does the same but it's more expensive and the devil is also fantastic following the same theme but I still haven't bettered it yet.
I prefer the goon v1 to the 1.5 and I think the medusa did the goon 1.5 thing but better.
That said by christ how strong are geek vape o rings, lol.

Back
Top Bottom