What's new

First RTA Digiflavor Siren 22

I put a 10 wrap 26awg .42 kanthal 2.5mm ID coil in mine came out at 1.07ohm and it has very muted flavour. Tried two different rejuiced liquids both barely noticeable.
I also have 26awg .4 SS316 and 28awg .34 SS316 wire.
What other builds do you reckon i should try? Less wraps? Spaced? 3mm ID?

Thanks
Adam

I put a 10 wrap 26awg .42 kanthal 2.5mm ID coil in mine came out at 1.07ohm and it has very muted flavour. Tried two different rejuiced liquids both barely noticeable.
I also have 26awg .4 SS316 and 28awg .34 SS316 wire.
What other builds do you reckon i should try? Less wraps? Spaced? 3mm ID?

Thanks
Adam

Yeah, I'd shoot for a 3mm coil just so you have enough cotton for the channels

I don't think the number of wraps would effect it, usually it's more wraps = more cotton in contact with the coil thus more vapour & flavour

How high do you have the coil set from the airflow? Only needs to be 1-2mm above it

And how much cotton do you have running down into the tank? I had to trim mine down so it was only a few mms below the deck section

Have coil set 1mm from air flow with the diffuser in place. Cotton just touching bottom of tank. 70/30 vg pg vapour is ok. It seems best at 14-15 watts but its not great by any means. Sounds a bit gurgly if i go to 18-20watts.

Have coil set 1mm from air flow with the diffuser in place. Cotton just touching bottom of tank. 70/30 vg pg vapour is ok. It seems best at 14-15 watts but its not great by any means. Sounds a bit gurgly if i go to 18-20watts.

Try trimming it back a little so it's just a few mm's out the bottom of the deck chamber

How would that affect the flavour?
Ive heard people mention 'cotton break in time' im using muji and its only been in the tank 24hrs and vaped about 4mls through it

How would that affect the flavour?
Ive heard people mention 'cotton break in time' im using muji and its only been in the tank 24hrs and vaped about 4mls through it

Cotton break in is usually when you get a cottony taste, I find it with Koh Gen Do cotton by not Muji

Vape it some more & see if it improves but the first thing I did when I had muted flavour was to shorten the cotton & it worked

Tried trimming the wicks, no difference.
Tried 28awg SS316, 2.5mm ID 7 wraps spaced 0.6ohm, still muted flavour.
Currently trying 28awg SS316, 3mm ID 12 wraps 1.11ohm different juice, still muted flavour.
Its either me or crappy rejuiced liquid or...i dont know

Back
Top Bottom