What's new

First RTA Digiflavor Siren 22

If you are using thin wire, don't push too hard when winding with the coilmaster. Just apply the gentlest of pressure as you wind the coil, letting the tension in the wire push outwards as you wind it.

Just got the siren 25. Didn't find anyone with the 22mm in stock. Made my first build with 28awg kanthal. Came out at 1.8. Vaping it at 16 to 20 watts. Its perfect. I prefer this more to my nautilus. I did have an issue with it leaking when I filled it up completely. Will use it for a few more days. If it still leaks will send it back for a replacement.
I'm using the smallest airflow half closed. But it does not always stay that way when I get it out of the pocket.
Can anyone recommend a hack or something for reducing the airflow even more?
Maybe a screw or something?

Where is it leaking from?

If it is out of the place where the glass joins the barrel, then it could be a bad o-ring seal.

If it is out of the airflow holes, there are two possibilities. Is it a lot of leaking, or just a little?

If it is a lot of leaking from the airflow holes, you may need more wick to fill the wicking holes either side of the deck. Perhaps your wicking is too thin there and juice is getting past the wick and flooding the deck. You can add a bit of wick there that doesn't have to go through the coil itself, just at the sides where it passes through the wicking holes and out of the deck.

If it is just a little seepage out of the airflow holes, check your wick isn't touching the diffuser (the little cap with the holes on it) under the coil. If your coil is only a few wraps and you sent the wick straight down each side towards the wicking holes, the wick might be touching the top of the diffuser (or the air hole) under the coil and juice will then slowly seep from the wick down that central tube and out the airflow holes. The solution is to juice your wick before closing up the deck, and then put a thin (watchmakers size) screwdriver underneath the wick as you put it into the wicking hole, so you hold it away from the air intake below the coil as you train it towards the wicking hole. Raising the coil a little might help too.

So, either a bad seal on the glass, or not enough thickness of wick in the wicking holes, or the wick is touching the air intake and juice is seeping downwards, so train the wick away from the air intake and/or raise the coil a little.

As for your airflow, how about a vape band with a hole in it, to hold it in place?

Last edited:
It's leaking a little from the air hole.
@speedfreek67 I've attached a picture. What do you think.
The vape band idea is superb. Just tried it but tore the band trying to make a decent hole. Will use a belt hole puncher and try that.

Attachments

• IMG_20170305_205909.jpg
    IMG_20170305_205909.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
I would try either raising the coil a little, and lifting the wick outwards when it exits the coil, before it turns downwards, so it doesn't touch the central air intake.

I got a little seepage with my first wicking, used it for a week and when I changed the wick and dry burned the coil I put the new wick in with more space underneath the coil and tried to make sure it didn't rest on the air intake. I got very little seepage this time.

1488748586520.jpg
1488748591856.jpg

@lediscjockey see the gap between the wick and the central air intake? If your wick touches that intake, juice will seep down and out the airflow holes.

I have heard there are very few tanks that have absolutely no seepage or leaks at all. The slight seepage I got wasn't really bad or anything.

Last edited:
@speedfreek67 cleaned the tank completely after taking it apart. new wick new coil. absolutely no leakage at all. working flawlessly. now just need to learn how to make proper coils. wasted a lot of wire trying to make diff coils with diff wire which i have got. managed to get a 1.5 ohm coil using normal kanthal a1 wire. tried the ss and the clapton wire but the coils always come up as below 1ohm. some are around .5 some .7 do the amount of wraps make a difference in terms of ohm? i like vaping at 1.5-1.8 ohm. how many wraps would you recommend to get that resistance.

Attachments

• IMG_20170308_160830.jpg
    IMG_20170308_160830.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20170308_160810.jpg
    IMG_20170308_160810.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I've only used Kanthal, 28swg, 3mm inner diameter, 7-8 wraps.

The number of wraps affects the resistance, as the amount of resistance is based on the total length of the wire between the posts.

Have a look at a website called steam engine, it has a coiling calculator that helps take out all the guesswork.

I've only used Kanthal, 28swg, 3mm inner diameter, 7-8 wraps.

The number of wraps affects the resistance, as the amount of resistance is based on the total length of the wire between the posts.

Have a look at a website called steam engine, it has a coiling calculator that helps take out all the guesswork.
Thanks. Will do that.

I fancy trying this tank as my first rebuildable. Wheres the best place to get the 22mm version? having trouble finding it.

Back
Top Bottom