What's new

First Coil Build - Help!

Rick0007

Postman
Ok, just built this. Now either I ordered the wrong stuff, or, they sent me ribbon instead of wire. Well either way, this is the result... But the heat! It ripped my throat apart. I can feel the vapour burning my tongue!

Any ideas here? Got loads of this stuff, will check my order but pretty sure I won't last long vaping this. Took a bloody week for delivery too!

Attachments

• 1404489940501.jpg
    1404489940501.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 66
Ok, just built this. Now either I ordered the wrong stuff, or, they sent me ribbon instead of wire. Well either way, this is the result... But the heat! It ripped my throat apart. I can feel the vapour burning my tongue!

Any ideas here? Got loads of this stuff, will check my order but pretty sure I won't last long vaping this. Took a bloody week for delivery too!

Well if you ordered Kanthal wire then they have indeed sent you Ribbon. Whatever it came on, be it a reel or a card does it not have any indication to what gauge it is? Also what is the resisstance of that build out of curiosity?

Is it just me, or have you got 6 wraps on one side and 5 on the other?

Sent from a howitzer in my back garden

Well if you ordered Kanthal wire then they have indeed sent you Ribbon. Whatever it came on, be it a reel or a card does it not have any indication to what gauge it is? Also what is the resisstance of that build out of curiosity?

Erm... Pass lol

I asked for 28 gauge wire. The reel says 8mm which must mean 0.8mm. Ohms.... Pass! I got an multimeter, but dunno how to check if I'm honest. Stick the red on one thing and the black on something else. I should really read up how to use it.

Lights up real pretty why I fire it though! Will mess with the meter thing and try find out :)

Hate being a rookie! Lots to learn!

Erm... Pass lol

I asked for 28 gauge wire. The reel says 8mm which must mean 0.8mm. Ohms.... Pass! I got an multimeter, but dunno how to check if I'm honest. Stick the red on one thing and the black on something else. I should really read up how to use it.

Lights up real pretty why I fire it though! Will mess with the meter thing and try find out :)

Hate being a rookie! Lots to learn!

Red on the pos centre pin, Black on the outside of the mod case outside thread. then use ohms law to make sure your battery can handle the amp draw.
I am new to this so check my facts you cant believe everything you read

Right.... Centre pin _ Red

Outside thread of RDA.... No threads on outside of mod :( black....

so I'm getting a reading, but on 2k range, 1ohm resolution.... The reading is .007 which means I'm doing something really wrong here...... And when on 200 ohm range, 0.1ohm resolution, its dancing between 0.53 and 11.0 ish.

So yeah, I have no fricking idea what I'm doing.

Prob stick to iClears for a while till I can figure this stuff out!

I should have said outside thread of atty.Take atty off battery till you know it is safe.

Back
Top Bottom