What's new

Fatty V3 twisted build

was it 100% natural, unbleached cotton? I will pop a thread on here once i get all the samples in. Providing one or a few of them all work well I will have them on sale on the site shortly with a selection of Kanthal's

i dunno to be truthful. i got linked it on here , bought it and it sucked. i look forward to your thread because in theory the stuff should be excellent alternative to cotton balls.

I intend on buying some yarn soon to compare against cotton and voodoo, I expect the voodoo to be best as this 4mm chunks in my dripper are awesome at juice retention and don't taste vile if I dry hit.

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

+1 for the voodoo wool. I am wrapping a 4mm coil and threading the wick through works a treat :)

Been running the 4mm voodoowool for a few days and it just gets better the longer you use :).
Also tried a twin coil setup with 2mm voodoowool 0.8 ohm but it sucked just did not work for me so went back to the single 4mm. Next is to try a single coil with 2mm voodoowool.

My coil around silica wrapping skills are coming back so getting tidier coils now :)

Last edited:
Just a short post to show the dual coils and voodoo in my W3

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

Attachments

• 1392031051276.jpg
    1392031051276.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 1392031068863.jpg
    1392031068863.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 63
last night i rebuilt with 2mm voodoowool gotta say works better than the 4mm. Maybe this is because all the air holes are not covered..dunno..but it seems to work :).

Still tinkering I have changed the paps clone to 18650 mode and this is a big improvement from the 18350. But also changed the drip tip from a big bore steel to a smok-e mountain fusion tip with a micro bore and this works even better. All little things but the sum making the fatty just nicer. :)

So after a week of tinkering I think I am there, great flavour and vapour, now I can feel a nic headache coming on :)

Last edited:
Cheers @PlumeBlu and all others who have replied ang given their thoughts. I got a Fatty albeit cloney on the way, well hopefully if the fucker posted it. I have 4mm and 2mm Voodoo to hand, interesting about twisting the wire, I have always used 0.28 and twisted two lengths together, 5 wraps comes out at 0.8 and is plenty sturdy enough. Seems like a waste of wire to achieve the same thing, welcome to be proved wrong that there is a difference in either vapour production or taste by using that much wire though.

u8myufo Simple if you think about it,the greater the surface area of hot wire exposed will increase the amount of juice getting vaporized.

Cheers @PlumeBlu and all others who have replied ang given their thoughts. I got a Fatty albeit cloney on the way, well hopefully if the fucker posted it. I have 4mm and 2mm Voodoo to hand, interesting about twisting the wire, I have always used 0.28 and twisted two lengths together, 5 wraps comes out at 0.8 and is plenty sturdy enough. Seems like a waste of wire to achieve the same thing, welcome to be proved wrong that there is a difference in either vapour production or taste by using that much wire though.

As Chegs says, the twisted works by dropping the resistance per length so you get more wraps and surface area for a given coil size overall. I have a standard coil in my fatty at the moment and the difference between that and twisted is mainly in flavour intensity for me. I am still smitten by this dripper though, it must be said.

Back
Top Bottom