What's new

Dual coil AGI

Dreadz

Postman
Took the plunge and bought the new v2 agi seeing as it was on offer and I've been toying with the idea of an RBA for some time.
Got some 400 ss mesh and some .16 kanthal wire and after watching several tutorials online set about my first build.
I oxidised my wicks (gone for dual coil and wick) and wound my coils. Checked res of first coil on my zmax - 3.8 ohms. wired up second coil -total res 1.9 ohms so by my reckoning the coils are of equal resistance (thinking back to GCSE physics here so feel free to correct me). Checked for hot spots and after some fiddling got the coils glowing evenly.
At this point I'm thinking this is a doddle, should've done this ages ago. Filled up the tank and started puffing.
This is where my problem lies!
I've put several mls of juice through it now and am still not getting anywhere close to the flavour and vapour production of my i30's even with the power at 10watts.
What have I done wrong????????:banghead:

It took a few tank fulls to get my wick bedded in and start producing the best flavour and it seems to take more power to get the right amount of vapour out than it would take on a silica wick in a clearo or dripper.
p.s. it took me a few goes to get a good wick and coil on my rsst but it sounds like you have done it right. also I assume you have the air holes next to the coils.

Last edited:
It took a few tank fulls to get my wick bedded in and start producing the best flavour and it seems to take more power to get the right amount of vapour out than it would take on a silica wick in a clearo or dripper.
p.s. it took me a few goes to get a good wick and coil on my rsst but it sounds like you have done it right. also I assume you have the air holes next to the coils.

Have tried every position possible for the air hole, no real difference. Re wired the coils to see if that made a difference, spent some extra time on it making sure coils touch all around wick without being too tight.
May try to plug the air hole slightly or find a narrow drip tip, way too airy draw for my liking.
Maybe I was expecting too much? Thought I'd be puffing away like a steam train by now. will keep plugging away at it though.

It took me weeks with my first (cheap) Genesis type atomizer to get it right, but part of that, I think was the wick wearing in cos I kept giving up and leaving it a few days, but it was worth it when it went right. Ian at about 13 to 14 Watts, I use a mech mod on about a 1 ohm coil so just rough working out maths there. It did take a lot of messing about to get there but working great now. I still get bigger flavour and vapour out of a dripper but its different and the SS wick Genesis thing was worth the effort.

Back
Top Bottom