What's new

Dreamer 1.5 mech

Zited

Postman
So basically I haven't used this in a while because it started too frustrate me, I love mech tubes because of the buttons pushing right in if you know what I mean, it just feels right too me, but recently my dreamer still does that with no batteries in it but when I insert my battery, it only goes approx a few cms then stops and fires, so its not so much the smooth push and feels kinda cheap or something now idk how to explain it. I was hoping someone here might know if I've done something?

Have you disassembled it? Sometimes the switch can come loose on a mech and needs to be tightened up; it’s also a good opportunity to give it a clean :)

I think the 1.5 has the same button as the keen, if so, there shouldn’t be anything preventing the button from travelling the same distance when a battery is loaded

There is not much that can go wrong with a mech and like @onion said it probably just needs a good clean or the spring in the button casing has broken and just needs to be replaced you should have a spare that come with the mech.

Have you disassembled it? Sometimes the switch can come loose on a mech and needs to be tightened up; it’s also a good opportunity to give it a clean :)

I think the 1.5 has the same button as the keen, if so, there shouldn’t be anything preventing the button from travelling the same distance when a battery is loaded
Yeah I kinda got it I never realised how the button came off until today. Still a stupid question but I'm still yet too clean a mech so would I just use hot water too clean the button etc or is there a particular way too do it?

Yeah I kinda got it I never realised how the button came off until today. Still a stupid question but I'm still yet too clean a mech so would I just use hot water too clean the button etc or is there a particular way too do it?

I think most people use alcohol wipes. I use brasso to clean the tarnish off and then give everything a nice polish.

based on @BULLDOG1964 ’s comments above it could be a spring issue, I hadn’t thought about that.

I think most people use alcohol wipes. I use brasso to clean the tarnish off and then give everything a nice polish.

based on @BULLDOG1964 ’s comments above it could be a spring issue, I hadn’t thought about that.
You mean like use alcohol wipes on the threads and the contacts etc correct? Brasso I tried to get but couldn't get it anywhere lol. And yeah it came with a spare spring but its bigger so won't that effect it? I'll try it and see tho

You mean like use alcohol wipes on the threads and the contacts etc correct? Brasso I tried to get but couldn't get it anywhere lol. And yeah it came with a spare spring but its bigger so won't that effect it? I'll try it and see tho

hi mate,

yeah the alcohol wipes are good as they remove the build of arc marks etc. I pick mine up from the chemist as little disposable pads

I’d you’re in the uk - Amazon product ASIN B01MUQUORW - I got a tin about 5 years ago and only just finishing it.

re the spring - there are two on the keen a smaller one which is housed in the constant contact portion of the switch and a larger one which sits under the button at the bottom.

I use Isopropyl Alcohol to clean my switch's then use brasso then 3 in one oil on the threads to make them nice and smooth and stopping them sticking.

hi mate,

yeah the alcohol wipes are good as they remove the build of arc marks etc. I pick mine up from the chemist as little disposable pads

I’d you’re in the uk - Amazon product ASIN B01MUQUORW - I got a tin about 5 years ago and only just finishing it.

re the spring - there are two on the keen a smaller one which is housed in the constant contact portion of the switch and a larger one which sits under the button at the bottom.
Ahh I see I'll try switching them and see how it goes thanks for the help :)

Yeah so i've switched the springs etc, it still seems to be doing it, without the battery in it it's deffiantly alot smoother and goes a further distance obviously then with it in it just feels wrong compared too my other mech or compared to when I first got the 1.5, I can see there is some tarnish or whatever you call it (dirty i guess) on the button that may just be making it stick but I can cope for now until I get brasso or the wipes, got my first DNA 250 mod coming tommorow anyways so that'll keep me entertained for a while until then lol

Back
Top Bottom