What's new

diamond coil ?

I wouldn't mind having a go at the Nano dragon coils or the chimney coil for the kayfun from his other vids. Might have a play 2moz.

Aha, well done that poster. I knew there was a reason I bought the clone. Birdnest/chicken in a basket/beardy weirdy coil and wick games. Been so long since I ordered it I couldn't remember why.

Aha, well done that poster. I knew there was a reason I bought the clone. Birdnest/chicken in a basket/beardy weirdy coil and wick games. Been so long since I ordered it I couldn't remember why.

Should be able to sit this coil on top of a Kayfun with the centre 'diamond' lined up nicely with the air hole in the deck. hmmmm...

I can see some burnt fingers coming up (well mine at least lol)

Here's my attempt. 1.9 ohm. I wouldn't describe it as sick as tits, but that's because I wouldn't describe anything as that. It is however mighty flavourful. Will I do it again - I'm not sure...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Attachments

• 1386712325587.jpg
    1386712325587.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 30
If your making the square coil(or diamond)would it not be easier to thread the wick before bending the corners?I tried to build a square coil earlier,& threaded the wick before bending,to bend it,I just used my needle-nosed pliers to grip the coil "spaces" & my tweezers as a blade to push against..It didn't work out to bad so will try again later now I've had a rummage through my tools for other more suitable "weapons" than my tweezers(little piece of stanley-blade and other various pliers/grips)If they work better/less fannying about I'll report back.I'm in no particular rush to create a different coil though as I've nothing to mount it on to try it out(F/T giving me the lifetime wait)

If your making the square coil(or diamond)would it not be easier to thread the wick before bending the corners?I tried to build a square coil earlier,& threaded the wick before bending,to bend it

It takes quite a lot of manipulating so I'm not sure how feasible it would be with the wick in. Also, the wick may get pretty dirty with being tweezed (is that a word?!)..

And you wouldn't be able to fire it to compress the coils if there was cotton in there, silica would be ok though.

Horizontal diamond coil on the kfl. Went for 3 turns each edge rather than 4 to get 1.5ohm resistance. So far so good :)

Attachments

• 1386881281678.jpg
    1386881281678.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 1386881300490.jpg
    1386881300490.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 20
That looks sick as tits!! Lol what does it vape like? Flavour?

Yeah it's good. Not sure it's worth the extra effort over my standard microcoil set up. Flavour is intense, but it's Mrs Lord's Druide, which isn't lacking in flavour normally!

It's all fun and games anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom