What's new

diamond coil ?

I'll give this a go on my igo-l over the next couple of days. I only watched the coil build part of the vid so far, not the wick. He's too in your face to view it all in one sitting... :)

all I see is a square...btw, what resistance does this ends up as...its 4 resistors, but in series...so my logic head is telling me 3 or 4 ohms..

mines at 1.8ohm and glows superbly.
KulrMeStoopid honestly it is really easy .

get a syringe , wrap 4 tight coils, leave as gap , 4 coil leave a gap 4 coils leave as gap.

the end coil should then be bent upward like a right angle
then do the same with the second( this pushed the 1st even further)
and again with the third.
this forces the square.

the reason its a diamon is because youalter the position of the positive and legative leads so that they are on an angle , after all Vern a diamond is simply a square on an angle.

then simply neaten them up , pinch those little bastards till they are tight as possible .

the difficvulty comes from feeding the wick through , i ended up twisting it around a piece of wire and feeding it through that way, its not great though as my second wick was too fat but the first ones fine.

then just twist the two top pieces of wick together and lie them over the screws ,m thats were you will drip on.

mines at 1.8ohm and glows superbly.
@KulrMeStoopid honestly it is really easy .

get a syringe , wrap 4 tight coils, leave as gap , 4 coil leave a gap 4 coils leave as gap.

the end coil should then be bent upward like a right angle
then do the same with the second( this pushed the 1st even further)
and again with the third.
this forces the square.

the reason its a diamon is because youalter the position of the positive and legative leads so that they are on an angle , after all @Vern a diamond is simply a square on an angle.

then simply neaten them up , pinch those little bastards till they are tight as possible .

the difficvulty comes from feeding the wick through , i ended up twisting it around a piece of wire and feeding it through that way, its not great though as my second wick was too fat but the first ones fine.

then just twist the two top pieces of wick together and lie them over the screws ,m thats were you will drip on.

I have bad hands :( so it doesnt work as easy for me :(

hmm..lingo problems:-) when I was younger, a square was...errr...a douche.. subtle joke/pun/thingy. and coupled with a diamond on its side I couldnt resist the joke. but alas, no laughter today:-(

I'm going to have to try this out though, as that is most amount of vapour I've ever seen. Ever.

dont forget one of the major reasons he chucks vsapor like that is his dna 20 device m hes always kicking 20watts out. thats seriously hihg for me lol. i stick to a standard mech tyvm lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I have bad hands :( so it doesnt work as easy for me :(

well the principle still stands, just get your hubby to do it for ya :)

- - - Updated - - -

hmm..lingo problems:-) when I was younger, a square was...errr...a douche.. subtle joke/pun/thingy. and coupled with a diamond on its side I couldnt resist the joke. but alas, no laughter today:-(

haha i think i too young to understand :(

dont forget one of the major reasons he chucks vsapor like that is his dna 20 device m hes always kicking 20watts out. thats seriously hihg for me lol. i stick to a standard mech tyvm lol.

- - - Updated - - -

well the principle still stands, just get your hubby to do it for ya :)

- - - Updated - - -

haha i think i too young to understand :(
KulrMeStoopid

thanks for fixing that :D

ok , heres a picture of my attempt. couldnt get it to focus very well but nvm

photo.jpg

Tried it after watching the video. His presentation style does style down a bit when he's actually coiling!

Managed to get the resistance to about 2 ohms but as had already been said, what a bitch to wick. The whole lot almost went in the bin.

TBH my results were no better/worse than a straight nano coil of the same resistance.

I wouldn't mind having a go at the Nano dragon coils or the chimney coil for the kayfun from his other vids. Might have a play 2moz.

Back
Top Bottom