What's new

Best rebuildable atomiser?

The Kayfun is designed for single coils. It has a tight draw and is great for flavour but not so good for clouds but isn't really designed for that. It's also a pain if you have a full tank and need to tweak the build as you have to dump your juice.
Why's that? Bit more detail would be helpful, and I assume it would be the same for the Russian?
Looking to rid yourself of your Kayfun? :)

Why's that? Bit more detail would be helpful, and I assume it would be the same for the Russian?
Looking to rid yourself of your Kayfun? :)

You can't get to your build / coil without dumping the juice which can be a pain.

It works on a vacuum so as soon as you unscrew it the juice will empty itself.

I sold a few of my spare Kayfuns just recently and only have the one left so want to hold on to it, but it's a great intro to RBAs

You can't get to your build / coil without dumping the juice which can be a pain.

It works on a vacuum so as soon as you unscrew it the juice will empty itself.

I sold a few of my spare Kayfuns just recently and only have the one left so want to hold on to it, but it's a great intro to RBAs
Err, maybe I'm being really thick, sorry. Don't you simply turn it upside down when you want to access your build? I can't imagine what you're doing here that means the juice empties itself.

Err, maybe I'm being really thick, sorry. Don't you simply turn it upside down when you want to access your build? I can't imagine what you're doing here that means the juice empties itself.

No the Kayfun works on a vacuum / pressure.

The coil is on the deck (obviously) which then a chimney screws on top, then all of which screws into the tank.

If you turn a Kayfun upside down all you see is the 510 and underside of the deck.

As soon as you unscrew the deck to get to the coil it breaks the air lock and all the juice will run out the drip tip.

I can't imagine what you're doing here that means the juice empties itself.

It's not what I am doing lol.
It's the way it works / been designed.

Once you have one you will see what I mean.

You can get an empty bottle, and place the Kayfun upside down with the drip tip in the bottle.

That way when the airlock is broken the juice will run into the bottle rather than being lost.

It's not what I am doing lol.
It's the way it works / been designed.

Once you have one you will see what I mean.

You can get an empty bottle, and place the Kayfun upside down with the drip tip in the bottle.

That way when the airlock is broken the juice will run into the bottle rather than being lost.
Ah, there you go, that's OK ... that's not what I understood from it "dumps itself".
I'm waiting for Russian 91% to arrive, then look forward to playing with it for a while before deciding on either a genuine KFL+ or a SQuape R. The SQuape design has it over the KFL/Russian in this regard, eh?

Fogger V4 is awesome, I've sold of most of my other RBAs and now have 2 of them.

I still have a Kayfun but doesn't get a look in these days.

The fogger is brilliant for the money and is my go to RBA now.

In regards to @Jonshaw78 saying the fogger is a clone of the Kayfun / Taifun this isn't true although are similar.

The Kayfun is designed for single coils. It has a tight draw and is great for flavour but not so good for clouds but isn't really designed for that. It's also a pain if you have a full tank and need to tweak the build as you have to dump your juice.

The Taifun I do prefer to a Kayfun.
Slightly more airy drawer and more flavour than the Kayfun. Similar to build and the way it's designed (like a giant evod) you can flip it upside down, unscrew it and tweak the build without worrying about losing juice.

The fogger is a different animal.
The adjustable airflow means it's an airy draw fully opened up.

As a result it can blow great clouds and doesn't affect the flavour.

Not quite so noob friendly as it is designed for dual coils but it's still pretty simple, works well sub ohm (around 0.7 seems my sweet spot) and looks great on all my mods.

Considering the prices of a genuine Kayfun or Taifun vs the fogger and you can't really go wrong.
Yeh I got the fogger last wee, I agree with the comment kayfun, the fogger is the same, to tinker with the build you have to drain the tank, but thats why I also have a dripper.
Like you said for the price you can't complain, fyi I believe you can build the fogger in single coil mode you just have to block the air and juice flow channels.

Back
Top Bottom