What's new

Best cotton?

Interesting, admittedly I've not tried the more expensive types of cotton that at marketed for vaping, but I find the japanese cotton excellent, I use it in all my tanks and never get any dry hits or flooding if they are wicked right and the flavour, to me, is really good, unless I use them too long and don't rebuild/rewick when I need to.

So I wonder, then if the fancy vapors by cotton might produce better flavour? Cause this is the only claim I can't really verify or refute. I've never tried it. It probably won't tempt me to buy it, though. And apart from anything else, I have enough square pads to stuff a pillow..!

I exaggerated a bit. Muji is fine for wicking but can take some work. It's fine in drippers but I wouldn't fancy trying it in a VCMT at 100 watts, whereas the likes of Shake and Vape can be used blindfolded and have a huge margin of error.

Flavour-wise, who knows? Maybe it just doesn't work for me.

I exaggerated a bit. Muji is fine for wicking but can take some work. It's fine in drippers but I wouldn't fancy trying it in a VCMT at 100 watts, whereas the likes of Shake and Vape can be used blindfolded and have a huge margin of error.

Hi ment,

So in your opinion, what would be the best cotton to use in a VCMT, just got hold of one, and my two initial attempts to wick it are abysmal..........

Hi ment,

So in your opinion, what would be the best cotton to use in a VCMT, just got hold of one, and my two initial attempts to wick it are abysmal..........

If you're going to push it, (and you really do need to), then it has to be Fuzion or Shake and Vape. Kendo Gold also works and is less likely to leak than the other two but takes a long time to break in.

The best way is to form the cotton into a pancake on top of the juice channels, but this can take some work, starting with the cotton too long, wetting it and screwing the chimney cap on to form the shape then taking the cap off and trimming it.

You may need to do this 3 times to get it right, and all the time there's the risk that if the cotton isn't quite tight over the channels it will leak, but when you get it right it's amazing.

Good luck.

If you're going to push it, (and you really do need to), then it has to be Fuzion or Shake and Vape. Kendo Gold also works and is less likely to leak than the other two but takes a long time to break in.

The best way is to form the cotton into a pancake on top of the juice channels, but this can take some work, starting with the cotton too long, wetting it and screwing the chimney cap on to form the shape then taking the cap off and trimming it.

You may need to do this 3 times to get it right, and all the time there's the risk that if the cotton isn't quite tight over the channels it will leak, but when you get it right it's amazing.

Good luck.

Thanks mate.

Just nabbed a few more packs of fiber freaks. Just to be safe.

Just to add my own personal 2 cents:
Muji/puff : fine and dandy work-a-day cotton. easy to cut n' shape, just floof the tails and its grand. Cotton taste on the first few puffs (quarter tank, maybe?), but can also taste the juice with it, so it's fine.
Cotton bacon (v2) : I find this slightly harder to work with, for some strange reason. Find it harder to floof right, and I get a strong cotton taste for the first half tank ( I prime my wicks, so I don't think I should have to wait 15 minutes for the cotton to "bed" or whatever, and I can't be arsed waitin' ).
IVUK: I'm finding this to be a really good cotton. Easy to work with, floofs how I like, and I don't get much cotton taste from it (first 3-5 puffs, but also get juice flavour with it, so I ain't bothered).

See, I'm usually always somewhere between 12 and 25w, so maybe that's why I don't have any problems with it?

Sometimes high wattage and certain builds can be a bugger. For some reason the mulciber I'm using was a pig to get a consistent wick. Don't know why. it has a decent deck and the coil is a reasonable size but until I got some of my fiber freaks stock out I'd almost given up. Tried four.different styles and sizes of coil and never stepped over 20w but dry hit city. Now it's cracking. Need to Aquino fairly regularly but that's the name of the game.

Which packs of MUJI pads should you use, the bleached or unbleached? Also at £1.95 for a pack of 180, i'll happily buy a few packs to keep me going forever.

Attachments

• Muli.JPG
    Muli.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom