What's new

Best cotton for RDAs?

inkedladyluna

Postman
Hey guys and gals,

I've had a bit of a rummage through the posts but couldn't see this question, so I'm really sorry if somebody has already asked this.

What do you personally rate as the best cotton to use with your RDAs? Right now I use a Coil Master one but I've heard good stuff about Cotton Bacon V1 / V2. What are your thoughts please? Which direction should I go in?

Thanks so much.

I like the Bacon V2. It seems to taste cleaner right from the get go, doesn't taste terrible when you let it go too dry and it's pretty difficult to fry when you're being over zealous on the watts.

But for pure wicking ability I like the Kendo Gold. It loses a little in the taste department to the bacon for me but it sucks up juice like a starving dyson. So I tend to have a bag of both on the go dependant on what I'm chucking it in.

Having said that plain old muji is an excellent all rounder and often a bit cheaper.

Horses for courses really. It's like juice- I don't think it hurts to try a bit of everything and see where your sweet spot lies.

P.s apple crumble and chewing gum = epic fail [emoji23]

Hey guys and gals,

I've had a bit of a rummage through the posts but couldn't see this question, so I'm really sorry if somebody has already asked this.

What do you personally rate as the best cotton to use with your RDAs? Right now I use a Coil Master one but I've heard good stuff about Cotton Bacon V1 / V2. What are your thoughts please? Which direction should I go in?

Thanks so much.
Hi, I've never used branded stuff so I can't vouch for that. I just use Japanese cotton, had no issues with it so far and cheap as Japanese chips..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MYXSRAQ/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_H9wHxbQEMEZ6T

+1 for Bacon v2, then Muji > Koh Gen Do. Bacon is just so easy to wick as you just pull it apart. Muji is fine and I find KGD less flexible than Muji.

I like the Bacon V2. It seems to taste cleaner right from the get go, doesn't taste terrible when you let it go too dry and it's pretty difficult to fry when you're being over zealous on the watts.

But for pure wicking ability I like the Kendo Gold. It loses a little in the taste department to the bacon for me but it sucks up juice like a starving dyson. So I tend to have a bag of both on the go dependant on what I'm chucking it in.

Having said that plain old muji is an excellent all rounder and often a bit cheaper.

Horses for courses really. It's like juice- I don't think it hurts to try a bit of everything and see where your sweet spot lies.

P.s apple crumble and chewing gum = epic fail [emoji23]

Thanks so much. I have no issues shelling out for decent stuff, I'm pretty sure I'm now way beyond the point of being conservative with vaping and have been for quite some time LOL. I'll have a look at the Kendo too. I've got a massive bag full of bog standard muji but it doesn't seem to be quite as good for me as the Coil Master stuff I've been tending to use. I keep it mostly as a backup or sort of an "if all else fails, I've got this." jobby.

I can only imagine it was an epic fail LOL. Rather you than me, my friend haha. :18:

Hi, I've never used branded stuff so I can't vouch for that. I just use Japanese cotton, had no issues with it so far and cheap as Japanese chips..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MYXSRAQ/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_H9wHxbQEMEZ6T

Thanks a lot. I've got a load of Jap Muji cotton but so far, I seem to prefer the Coil Master I came across. I think my next bet will be to get some of the Cotton Bacon and the Kendo that SirLugg mentioned above. Thank you again! :D

I WAS loving cotton bacon v2, but fiber freaks original no1 knocked it out the park for me. Zero taste from the first inhale, it doesn't swell like cotton so very easy to judge how much you need, and one of the fiddlesticks things with cotton bacon is that it comes in "wads" rather than sheets. Fiber freaks is sheet like strips.
Think @scrumpox did a comparison between a few wick materials and came to a similar conclusion...

Although I've never used it, itsher, who knows about these things, recommends Fuzion and Shake and Vape. I keep meaning to get some but can never find them in stock.

Thanks everyone. Some new names there that I've not heard about before so I'll get to checking everything out. Probably get myself a selection and just try various til I find a personal favourite. Thanks so much! You guys and gals are an amazing help. :)

Back
Top Bottom