What's new

Best 4 Nine Clone

Yep that would work so long as you're not going really low. Can't remember offhand just how low they go :-)

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Not a tinkerer but buys a 4nine? Shall I make the meme now or later?

Lol

Here is what I think you need to tinker with on the 4 nine, from my personal experience.
The fasttech 4nine (I am assuming most 4nine clones, and possibly authentic) is not vented. It looks like it is, but it is not. It has two holes on the top for in case the 510 gets stuck to the tube. A flush fitting atomizer will block all venting.
Sadly the bottom button doesn't allow venting unless the button is being pressed. The mod is only able to vent while firing. This to me, was unacceptable.... So made a tiny groove in the mod tube. Easy as pie. Just need a tiny round file or I actually just held a drill bit up to the inside of the mod tube and gave it hell for a minute. Here is a pic of the finished modification. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408661515.358418.jpg

Well Slim Shady, best of luck in your new venture...And dont be disheartened if it all goes pete tong on your first attempt...It took me a few builds of my kayfun to get it right....now I have three kayfuns on the go on rotation just for different flavours.

practice makes perfect and it won't take you long to get it right.....

Hmmmmm a 4nine? Ftech SKU 1728300 @£9.31 is as solid as a rock, neat, flush fitting tubes, with perfect threading, and it IS a 4nine! Exactly 49mm!

ps: ALL 4nine's are vented via the push button. Think about it, if the button and sleeve were forming an air tight seal, how the heck could you push it to fire? Take ANY 4nine, clone or authentic, grip the button between finger and thumb, at the 'slots' and wiggle! There is some play, a tiny bit, but play nonetheless, that's how they vent.

Trust me blow in it. Unless the button is pushed.... It is indeed an air tight seal.

I took it to a local shop for a battery when I put the battery in and pressed the button it sparked lol

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

Well Slim Shady, best of luck in your new venture...And dont be disheartened if it all goes pete tong on your first attempt...It took me a few builds of my kayfun to get it right....now I have three kayfuns on the go on rotation just for different flavours.

practice makes perfect and it won't take you long to get it right.....

How do you mean it took you. Few attempts? Mine has came with a coil and wick already fitted so I'm hoping I can just start using it straight away

How do you mean it took you. Few attempts? Mine has came with a coil and wick already fitted so I'm hoping I can just start using it straight away

By all reports the coil and wick in it are normally crap. Most people pull it out and start over.

By all reports the coil and wick in it are normally crap. Most people pull it out and start over.

Mine looks not bad to me. Will prob replace the silica for cotton though and just see how it goes first

Back
Top Bottom