What's new

Asmodus Ohmsmium help

DaveVapes

Postman
I bought an Ohmsmium a few weeks ago. I wanted something small and solid.

The tank I was using leaked some juice, maybe lots of juice, which pooled under the tank and got down into the mod via the 510 connection.

Initially the buttons were registering a press when I wasn't pressing on them and the resistance was reading incorrectly.

I opened the mod and found juice on the circuit board and inside at the base of the 510.

I've completely stripped it down, removing the board and cleaning everything with alcohol. Once I put it back together the buttons are responsive once again but the coil resistance reads around twice what it should. I've tried the tanks on a 150TC and the resistance reads correctly. I'm sure the mod is now clean and dry and I assume I've fried the board.

What does anyone here think? Any suggestions on how to make it safe again?

You'll need to check the 510 is properly assembled and that the connections are solid, if they are then the likelihood is the board is damaged...

You'll need to check the 510 is properly assembled and that the connections are solid, if they are then the likelihood is the board is damaged...
The 510 is press fitted I think. I couldn't shift it, it looks like nothing is loose. I've resoldered the positive and negative connections to the board. I had to desolder them to remove the board. Everything is reassembled properly.

I think there was a short on the board while it was wet and that's damaged the chip.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you think it would still be safe to use in mech mode? I haven't wanted to risk firing a coil with it.

Back
Top Bottom