What's new

Another Fogger Question

Bubba

Postman
Got me replacement glass tank for the fogger today, I've tried various set ups but I'm just not getting them clouds. who else uses one and whats your best set up. I've watched dozens of youtube vids but I'm not satisfied. the first set up used was cotton wool but i found it burned to quickly and i was loosing to much juice. I've got .15 .20 .25 kanthal and 2mm and 4mm ecowool to work with and also mesh, but i can't stand the mesh taste.

cheers Bub.

I use a microcoil with cotton wool - if your cotton wool is burning then the coil may be constricting it too much. Also, remove the chimney O-ring as that can constrict the wicking. I have seen a video where they add extra bits of cotton on top of each side of the main wick, not sure that's a good idea since it may also cause constriction, but it did occur to me that adding extra cotton under (or around) the main wick but keeping it inside the chamber may help by providing a kind of buffer, a bit like a dripper. I'll be giving that a try next time I replace the wick, the current one has been in there for about a week without any burning or flooding.

I've tried that method which was the first i done, first thing i done was loose the oring, stupid thing lol. i also seen another vid where the guy fluffs the cotton back up a lot either side of the coil and his works a treat.

What sort of resistance are the coils you're making? And what sort of mod are you using?

using a magneto with 18650 and coils have been between 1.2 and 2.2. also tried it on an eVic varying the wattage.

Last edited:
I have had mine up and running for a couple of weeks or more now without a hitch. When I first set it up I tried cotton but found it was not getting the juice through quick enough. I then doubled over some 2mm silica, however I did not screw the chimney right down too tight, just enough so you could see it starting to touch the wick on the sides.

I have had mine up and running for a couple of weeks or more now without a hitch. When I first set it up I tried cotton but found it was not getting the juice through quick enough. I then doubled over some 2mm silica, however I did not screw the chimney right down too tight, just enough so you could see it starting to touch the wick on the sides.

was that with or without the Oring on mate?

was that with or without the Oring on mate?

Sorry Bubba that is without. My only small nit with the Foggy is that to me it has a slight metalic tang to the the vape. I am using my own VC mix which I would not think was acidic in any way, so perhaps it is just the tank itself. Same liquid in the RSST, Octopus and iClear 30`s tastes so much smoother.

Sorry Bubba that is without. My only small nit with the Foggy is that to me it has a slight metalic tang to the the vape. I am using my own VC mix which I would not think was acidic in any way, so perhaps it is just the tank itself. Same liquid in the RSST, Octopus and iClear 30`s tastes so much smoother.

i no exactly what your talking about bud, it makes snake oil taste like I'm sucking on a copper penny. quite strange, I'm glad tho its not just me i thought i was going daft. its completely different in my pro tank.

i no exactly what your talking about bud, it makes snake oil taste like I'm sucking on a copper penny. quite strange, I'm glad tho its not just me i thought i was going daft. its completely different in my pro tank.

There is definately something going on,well at least with mine I feel there is. I fired up the IGO-W yesterday when it arrived. On the first few draws I seemed to be getting the same thing. Almost a taste of steel, it has now mellowed right out though. Stainless steel does not give off a taste like that though. The only thing I can think of doing is soaking all the metal parts of the Foggy in something to perhaps draw the leaching taste out, but what to use I have not got a clue. I think I will strip it down tomorrow and have a closer look at it all and in the meantime see if there is anything I can use on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom