What's new

AGA-T2 - Help needed :)

I *think* that might be the wick shorting out. I've had that a few times and last time had to give the wick a bit more flaming.
But I've found recently that my beginners luck has all gone. Now it takes so long to set up that I'm thinking of selling it and getting an RSST

A bit of perseverance is all that's needed. It's like anything, practice makes perfect!

Yeah, im thinking that too. Gonna give it another go tommorow. Still havent got the right washers, the once i got was also too small in diameter, so it realy dosent close the gap that much.

To help oxidise the wick and prevent shorts within the wick giving lower than expected ohms reading I drip 3-5 drips of juice onto the the wick and set it alight with the torch, do this holding the wick with pliers and let the juice burn off, I do this 3 times, in case you didn't know juice is flammable so bad idea trying it when installed in a genny !!!.

Another way is to quench the wick in a small pool of juice, torch the wick and drop it into the juice to quench it, I find both methods coat the wick enough not to short and vapes a great flavour straight off the bat.

Works perfect for me but maybe I'm just plain odd...

To help oxidise the wick and prevent shorts within the wick giving lower than expected ohms reading I drip 3-5 drips of juice onto the the wick and set it alight with the torch, do this holding the wick with pliers and let the juice burn off, I do this 3 times, in case you didn't know juice is flammable so bad idea trying it when installed in a genny !!!.

Another way is to quench the wick in a small pool of juice, torch the wick and drop it into the juice to quench it, I find both methods coat the wick enough not to short and vapes a great flavour straight off the bat.

Works perfect for me but maybe I'm just plain odd...

I seam to find that it wicks better if oxidised to unoxidised

I seam to find that it wicks better if oxidised to unoxidised

This is in addition to normal torching of the wick, always run the torch over the mesh until it glows to burn off production residues such as oil, the method above is to produce a slight coating that acts as an insulator afterwards.

I just mounted my t2 with the correct washers, it seems i got it right the first time :) 1.7 ohm, 4 wraps of 0.20. I added some Redwood Blend.. MmmmMMmmMmmMmM Its like a holy vape xD

No hot spots, glows like a champ!! :wanker:

Last edited:

Cheers for the link,been looking for some washers

As for the Petar k method,it's the nuts,been using this method for a while now and find it so easy to setup the aga t,had a play at the weekend with some .5 ribbon wire and 2mm stainless steel rope,have had to remove one coil as it was at about .6 ohms and was a bit to much for my taste,and was a really strong throat hit

Cheers for the link,been looking for some washers

As for the Petar k method,it's the nuts,been using this method for a while now and find it so easy to setup the aga t,had a play at the weekend with some .5 ribbon wire and 2mm stainless steel rope,have had to remove one coil as it was at about .6 ohms and was a bit to much for my taste,and was a really strong throat hit

Omg nice :stinker:

Back
Top Bottom