What's new

Aga t help needed urgently !!!

BigAl199

Postman
I have just wicked my first rebuildable with mesh and 0.2 kanthal and I was very proud of my work....... Until I fired it up!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357504479.708235.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357504495.874780.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357504507.904974.jpg

It seems to fire up ok but only the top part of the coil lights. My Vamo shows it as 1.7ohm which is fine but I can't figure out why the whole coil doesn't glow !!

Please help...... I am quickly going off rebuildables !!

Last edited:
You have a short ...

try using the end of a cotton bud or a matchstick .. or non scrapey item to wiggle the coild around till you dont have a short ...

also I find making that top wire (betwixt wick and screw) nice and tight helps.

Been wiggling but to no avail!! Surely if there was a short, it wouldn't fire at all and there wouldn't be a resistance reading ??

Just checked the resistance again and it's now reading 2.4ohm ?? Wtf?

Confused .com.......

Dude .. get used to it :( its the way of the geny ... it gets easier but is a f*cker to start with

Try pulling it in abit tighter at the top, I find if I have too big a gap between the coil and the post I get a big glow on that bit of wire.

You'll want to keep that wick as straight as possible, see how its pulling towards the centre pin? It's too tight on the top coil.

Back
Top Bottom