What's new

After a flavour coil

quick update.
something strange afoot here.
tried the same build on my sons mvp at 7 watts. terrible couldnt get anything from it myself he said it was nice.
popped it to 11 watts and could taste it.
put it back on my sig and handed it to him and he said it was lovely infact he wouldnt give it me back lol.
hes just set off home so i am now vaping it at 12 watts and havent had a dry hit yet and the flavour is spot on even with a big old lung hit..
so im guessing maybe the wick has just bedded in or im going completely mad? i was getting dry hits right upto him walking through the door.
i will still try another 1.8 build tomorrow just to see. think i will give the cellucotton another go but i get a funny taste from it. is cellucotton good to go straight from the bag or do you need to boil it or drape it across a naked virgin at midnight first?
anyway thanks for the help everyone but all seems good (for the minute).
really had me stumped this.

Damn all these variables, makes diagnosing an issue so frustrating, glad you got it up and running though

Cellucotton is for use straight out of the bag no boiling or anything needed, it has a strange taste at first but it should subside quickly after you start vaping and give you a very clean and crisp flavour from that point, thats my experience with it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Last edited:
I am actually wondering if your Sig is stepping down properly as you are using it right at the bottom end of its range? Maybe delivering a lot more power than you are expecting, try about a 1.8 ohm coil for example...

back to square one im afraid.
finished the tank off no trouble refilled and im dry hitting again.
my son fetched me a brand new vamo that i gave him and he never used. popped the kf4 on it and cranked it up to 15 watts no dry hits at all infact not much of anything.
so is my sig over powered? even my kf lite with the custard that was horrible on my sig is great at 12-13 watts. im stuck. do i need a new device or just build bigger coils?
thanks
bob

Damn all these variables, makes diagnosing an issue so frustrating, glad you got it up and running though

Cellucotton is for use straight out of the bag no boiling or anything needed, it has a strange taste at first but it should subside quickly after you start vaping and give you a very clean and crisp flavour from that point, thats my experience with it anyway.

im going to try a 2.0hm build this evening if i get chance (grandaughter sleepover lol) and will try the cellucotton again.
im back to dry hits. think it maybe my device now

im going to try a 2.0hm build this evening if i get chance (grandaughter sleepover lol) and will try the cellucotton again.

My ipv mini is terribly overpowered when doing step down unless I put it into PWM mode. Yihi chip as well ;-)

Sounds like that might be it if you get a good vape off another mod with the exact same atty and build.

Good luck with the build - and the sleepover, if your granddaughter is half as crazy as my daughter you'll need it, yesterday we had a tea party that lasted longer then a night out lol!

My ipv mini is terribly overpowered when doing step down unless I put it into PWM mode. Yihi chip as well ;-)

to be absolutely honest all this chip mallarky goes right over my head.
the kf lite with grants clone i cant even get one vape from it without a dry hit. its on the vamo now and im happily vaping away at 12 watts. i even tried it at 15 and not even near a dry hit. so it definately looks like its the sig as you said over powered. im now wondering if that is why i cant taste any of my adv's?
all my usual juices are just non flavoursome and chemically tasting. thought i had vapers tongue for about a month now.
is it a rogue device i have or just need to keep the coils at 18- 2. ohms
although the vamo is not giving me dry hits it does seem very underpowered even weak now i have been used to the sig.
thanks for all the help.

Sounds like that might be it if you get a good vape off another mod with the exact same atty and build.

Good luck with the build - and the sleepover, if your granddaughter is half as crazy as my daughter you'll need it, yesterday we had a tea party that lasted longer then a night out lol!

yes she was 4 at the beginning of the month and a right little chatterbox. she is having a tea party now as we speak with her nanan and watching a movie so ive got an hour or so lol.

Last edited:
right then Dr Manhattan / blademansw think i may have cracked it.
put a 2.4 (yes 2.4 ohm) build in the kf4 wicked it with cellucotton and it seems to be working flawlessly.
the cellucotton doesnt even seem to have the taste i experienced last time i used it so it looks like cellucotton is the way forward lol.
i did want to put a 1.8 in it but didnt chance it my throat has been caned with dry hits far too much this week.
i will drop it down to 2.ohm sometime tomorrow evening and if thats fine wil drop it down to 1.8
the flavour is fantastic and so is the vape. i was considering stopping diy as i was at the stage where i thought all my mixes were to blame.
looks like my sig seems to be overpowered as you said blademansw .
so i may be able to give you a little peace for at least tonight.
thankyou again really appreciate the help.
bob

Last edited:
right then Dr Manhattan / blademanswthink i may have cracked it.
put a 2.4 (yes 2.4 ohm) build in the kf4 wicked it with cellucotton and it seems to be working flawlessly.
the cellucotton doesnt even seem to have the taste i experienced last time i used it so it looks like cellucotton is the way forward lol.
i did want to put a 1.8 in it but didnt chance it my throat has been caned with dry hits far too much this week.
i will drop it down to 2.ohm sometime tomorrow evening and if thats fine wil drop it down to 1.8
the flavour is fantastic and so is the vape. i was considering stopping diy as i was at the stage where i thought all my mixes were to blame.
looks like my sig seems to be overpowered as you said blademansw .
so i may be able to give you a little peace for at least tonight.
thankyou again really appreciate the help.
bob

Glad you seem to have got it working how you want m8, sorry I didnt get back to you last night but I had a fucking cunt of an evening where I was tearing my whole house apart looking for a missing bag of Muji. Plus a square foot of organic cotton that has also disappeared. FML

Its interesting this step down thing on the newer YiHi chips, it says its doing it on the SX150, but it only does step down properly in PWM mode. My other YiHi based device (early SX300) Sigelei 30W doesn't do step down at all, it actually sort of goes into mech mode and shows you on the screen the power its actually delivering. For example if I put a 1 ohm coil in the device, on a fresh battery and set it to 12 watts, the Sig 30W will actually deliver around 17 watts and show that on the screen. The iPV in DC mode will lie and tell you its stepping down to around 3.4 volts but it feels terribly overpowered to what 12 watts should feel like. Change it to PWM mode and its fine.

Hope that makes sense!

Back
Top Bottom