What's new

After a flavour coil

Yh the dual coil build i described should be around 1 ohm so that would be fine, with twisted coils it would come in lower depending on the amount of wraps, the more wraps the better is my rule with regulated mods

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

since converting 100% to my sig 100 i just cannot get a steady build without dry hits. ive had 10hm to 2ohm builds and nothings stopping the dry hits. yes i keep telling myself its the wick but ive tried everything. my tanks are sitting at 10 watts (the lowest) and still dry hits.
when i read people saying they have there device at 30-40 watts and its lovely i just cant work out how?
the only tank i have had no problem with upto now is one of my russions at 1.7 with a twisted microcoil .
just getting fed up now.
any suggestions?
thankyou bob

since converting 100% to my sig 100 i just cannot get a steady build without dry hits. ive had 10hm to 2ohm builds and nothings stopping the dry hits. yes i keep telling myself its the wick but ive tried everything. my tanks are sitting at 10 watts (the lowest) and still dry hits.
when i read people saying they have there device at 30-40 watts and its lovely i just cant work out how?
the only tank i have had no problem with upto now is one of my russions at 1.7 with a twisted microcoil .
just getting fed up now.
any suggestions?
thankyou bob

What wick material are you using? And are we still talking about the kf4? Haven't had a dry hit since switching to cellucotton and muji, but i don't take it above 19-21W.

I usually usually follow build video's on youtube, and make sure i stuff as much wick through the coil as possible but ensuring i can still move it gently back and forth without the wick gathering.

I used to always choke my wicks with normal cotton and end up with dry hits as the cotton expands in the coil as it becomes saturated with liquid, this doesn't happen with cellucotton or japanese cotton, and the extra absorbency over normal cotton means the wicks stay nice and soaked.

For the kf4 i trim the wick so its just about touching the juice deck, not all gathered and packed tightly as this could stop the juice flowing up the wick properly.

Also make sure you check theres no burs or any other obstructions preventing your liquid getting from the tank to the coil, i've read reports on some kf4 clones coming with shoddy juice holes.

Hope this helps

Dr Manhattan
thankyou for replying.
i use organic cotton. muji and i have some cellucotton but i hate the feel of cellucottont and seems to give a bad taste. yes i was talking about the kf4. but my kf lite is also the same?
when i drip i use the same coils and can crank upto 100 watts and dont get dry hits but of course im dripping so juicing the wick constantly.
im just getting frustrated and cannot seem to get a good juicey build

Dr Manhattan
thankyou for replying.
i use organic cotton. muji and i have some cellucotton but i hate the feel of cellucottont and seems to give a bad taste. yes i was talking about the kf4. but my kf lite is also the same?
when i drip i use the same coils and can crank upto 100 watts and dont get dry hits but of course im dripping so juicing the wick constantly.
im just getting frustrated and cannot seem to get a good juicey build

Yh cellucottons got that feel to it i can only describe as like the touch version to the fork on plate sound lol. It does taste weird when freshly built but this usually subsides within about 20-30 mins of use and doesn't come back, leaving a clear and crisp flavour, but i know quite a few just don't get on with it.

I've never tried 'cotton bacon' but have read good things about it on here and elsewhere, though i'm reluctant to recommend as i haven't tried it myself and the price is ridiculous imo.

I doubt you'll get anything close to even 40w on the kf4, not at least without the subohm kit.

But defo try what i said in my first reply above if you haven't already, and hopefully that'll sort it out :)

Yh cellucottons got that feel to it i can only describe as like the touch version to the fork on plate sound lol. It does taste weird when freshly built but this usually subsides within about 20-30 mins of use and doesn't come back, leaving a clear and crisp flavour, but i know quite a few just don't get on with it.

I've never tried 'cotton bacon' but have read good things about it on here and elsewhere, though i'm reluctant to recommend as i haven't tried it myself and the price is ridiculous imo.

I doubt you'll get anything close to even 40w on the kf4, not at least without the subohm kit.

But defo try what i said in my first reply above if you haven't already, and hopefully that'll sort it out :)

thankyou
im going to try and re wick both after tea. i will try both cellucotton and some japanes.

Maybe I'm just lucky but I never get a dry hit from any of my tanks, unless I really drain the tank even then they can go for a good few minutes before burning.

The trick is wick correctly, this may take a few attempts but when mastered becomes second nature.

Second, don't push your luck with wattage, just because you have 100w you don't have to use it ! My car as will yours will do 100mph yet we very rarely if at all drive them that fast.

Most tanks are happiest between 12w and 25w any higher and your risking a dry hit, tanks are not designed for high watts they don't have the airflow for it, the only tank I can take above 30-35w is both the AGAs I have but they are both mesh / silica builds.

The lemo shines better at 1.6ohm with a measly 13w easily outperforming the same lemo at 0.8 and 24w.

So the basis of this is learn what the tank can handle and don't over complicate things.
If you want to Chuck 100w at something use an RDA with massive air holes you can swim down.

:drunk:

Triple twisted 0.2mm 3mm coil would be nice, about 7 wraps. Or what Danny said, simple coil.

Just done a twisted chimney coil, 28awg kanthal, 2mm diameter, about 10 wraps, and wicked with cellucotton coming in at 1.15ohms.

I'm able to crank up the KF4 to 35W in mouth to lung mode now with not a hint of burntness, the flavour is better then dual coil mode and its nice and warm, its a bit tricky to build and wick though i need to practice.

Sorry the photo's not that great, combination of crappy camera and shaky hands

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1424895705.633519.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just lucky but I never get a dry hit from any of my tanks, unless I really drain the tank even then they can go for a good few minutes before burning.

The trick is wick correctly, this may take a few attempts but when mastered becomes second nature.

Second, don't push your luck with wattage, just because you have 100w you don't have to use it ! My car as will yours will do 100mph yet we very rarely if at all drive them that fast.

Most tanks are happiest between 12w and 25w any higher and your risking a dry hit, tanks are not designed for high watts they don't have the airflow for it, the only tank I can take above 30-35w is both the AGAs I have but they are both mesh / silica builds.

The lemo shines better at 1.6ohm with a measly 13w easily outperforming the same lemo at 0.8 and 24w.

So the basis of this is learn what the tank can handle and don't over complicate things.
If you want to Chuck 100w at something use an RDA with massive air holes you can swim down.

:drunk:

hi danny
im not wanting to go anywhere near 100 watts im just saying i only have this device now.
i usually vape at 10 watts as this is the lowest my sig will go. i have been building coils for some time now with no problems. but now i only use my sig i am getting dry hits all the time and its frustrating. i am building my kayfuns as i always did with single micro coils between 1.2 - 1.6 ohms. i occasionally throw a twisted micro in (which i am now about to build). the problem is even at these low watts im getting constant dry hits. now with my other devices that i used to use i was plodding along nicely at 7 -9 watts and almost never got a dry hit.
my coils and wicking are the same as i always use. i love my 28awg kanthal builds and always use a 2.5mm bit. ive never had the need to change this as it was working perfectly.
now either i just cant build a kf or im missing something.
i like custard in a dripper at 30 - 40 watts but want to use it in a tank but it just tastes burned every toot on every build.
its just the past few days i cant work it out.

Triple twisted 0.2mm 3mm coil would be nice, about 7 wraps. Or what Danny said, simple coil.

ahh mr blademansw
i was going to message you earlier. at the moment all i have is 28awg kanthal as that is what i find works for me so got plenty lol.
never had a problem before i even build my sons kfs and russion as he cannot build a coil and he has no problems with taste.
so im at the point in wher im asking myself .is it my coils or my juice (diy)

Back
Top Bottom