What's new

Advice please

Bryan123456

Achiever
OK so.......

I have, after my disastrous start with the Phoenix / Volcano thing mastered the art of re wicking and re-coiling my 2 A7 dripping atomizers.

I am on the way to being able to do this with both my Siam and AGA-T - I can get superb flavour but not enough vapour... and suspect I just need to use thinner wire with more coils...but getting there.

So the question is?

I like a cool vape. In fact I detest hot or warm vapes - the cooler the better. I find the A7 vape is too airy in general. I would like a good dripping atomizer that's rebuildable and affordable. Merino-Teflon, on another thread recommended the Vision Eternity rebuildable and the reviews I have read say it's quite a cool vape. Anyone else tried these? And can anyone recommend an alternative please?

I use an Eternity as my main dripper. It is a very cool and quite airy vape. It can be a bit of a faff to rewick, but not majorly, just that the pins used to hold the wire in place don't always want to sit on their posts. I found it too airy with the supplied wick, but after I had done it myself using a nice fat 2mm silica with 0.20 nichrome wrapped to approx 2ohm it works a treat for me. A gentle draw, followed by a slow exhale at the same time as drawing in the next load of vape is what is required to get the most out of it. I'd say for around £22 (what I paid, ages ago now though) it's worth a flutter.

Edit: Thinking about it, the cool vape on it probably comes from the 30+mm between the atomiser and the tip of the driptip

Thanks for that, much appreciated. 30+mm? That's huge - put it on top of a Vamo in 18650 mode and it will probably require CAA approved navigation lights.

I have 2 drippers, the Igo and the era. The era is burning hot, so much so that the whole thing gets really hot and I was concerned my driptip would melt! The Igo is superb, a lot cooler. I'd recommend it highly and maybe get a longer driptip?

A longer drip tip would help cool off your vape a bit. But since you're using a Vamo, try lowering your Watts (or Volts) a little at a time until the vape is the temp you like. I like mine warmish, so I vape @ 9-10W.

p.s. I mostly use an AGA-T on mine & it is on the long side. :D

I have 2 drippers, the Igo and the era. The era is burning hot, so much so that the whole thing gets really hot and I was concerned my driptip would melt! The Igo is superb, a lot cooler. I'd recommend it highly and maybe get a longer driptip?

A longer drip tip would help cool off your vape a bit. But since you're using a Vamo, try lowering your Watts (or Volts) a little at a time until the vape is the temp you like. I like mine warmish, so I vape @ 9-10W.

p.s. I mostly use an AGA-T on mine & it is on the long side. :D

I have an AGA-T and yes it's tall, but shorter than the Siam Cobra. The Vision sounds huge. Anyone tried the E Baron dripping jobber?

Nope. Out of my price range. :( I have a CE-9 I'm going to convert to a dripper. It's tank design sucks. Won't wick worth spit.

Thanks for that, much appreciated. 30+mm? That's huge - put it on top of a Vamo in 18650 mode and it will probably require CAA approved navigation lights.

Bryan I can confirm that the Igo-L is really nice and has a lovely short shape that site VERY nicely on top of a vamo it aint hot anyway .. but like PF says .. if its too hot for ya .. a longer Metal drip tip would sort it (I say metal .. this is just my own theory that the metal would heat up on the way through and dissipate some of the heat from the vapour ?)

I'm in agreement with @Purplefowler and @ZT

The IGO is great! I've been a big fan since i took delivery of it... everyday usage since then and not looking back. Nice and cool, really easy to build and cheap as chips. Not to mention, a real good looker!

wDqyh.jpg

Last edited:
Err where can I get me an IGO please? All this consensus has to be heeded. Thanks guys & guyettes/

Back
Top Bottom