What's new

1st rebuildable atty advice needed

MarcDJay

Postman
I'm looking at upgrading from my evod vv and protank mini up to a mech. I've done some research and I'm fairly certain I'm not going to blow myself up.

For me it seems like rebuildables are the way to go in regards to attys purely for flavour/vapour and the lower maintenance costs but other than that I'm kinda lost. Should I go for a dripper or a tank?

I've read that drippers are easier to start off with but am I right in thinking that they leak if not kept upright? This is a big drawback for me as I commute on the bus and carry my ecig in my trouser pockets.

For convenience I think a tank might be the way to go, but either way there is the whole realm of which wicks and coils for whichever atty I choose.

What would people suggest for a noobs first rebuildable? And do you have a coil/wick preference in it?

Thanks!

I'm pretty new and just got my first rebuildable tank...

I have some drippers I've tried the past few weeks and found them hit and miss, the way each one needs to be built varies and depends on the airflow of the particular dripper. I've had more bad builds than good builds.

My Kayfun tank that I got 2 days ago was really easy to build and just worked great straight off the bat. (With japanese cotton on a 6 wrap parallel 0.2mm wrapped around a 2mm screwdriver coil coming out at 1.5ohm)

Your mileage may vary, but I'm considering ditching the drippers and getting more kayfuns lol.

Russ

Which kayfun did you go with? I've seen mention of layfun lites, 3.1s and (I think) nanos. I havent really looked into each yet so not sure exactly what the difference is.

Which kayfun did you go with? I've seen mention of layfun lites, 3.1s and (I think) nanos. I havent really looked into each yet so not sure exactly what the difference is.

I was a bit confused as well, I got mine Puff Dad E, they had lite and 3.1, both around £20 and I went with the 3.1 in the end...I think because of the airflow, i can't remember, but it made sense at the time lol. I gather the 3.1 is taller than the lite, but size wasn't an issue for me so figured the big one is fine.

Anyway, lovely tank, well made, smooth threads, I love it! Obviously a clone, but I don't know which one/maker, they don't say in their listing.

Scared me at first, it comes down to sooo many parts and the coil screws are teeeeny, but it was much easier than expected and easier than 4 of my 5 drippers. (Only the magma was easier than this)

HTH

That's great thanks. I did look at the fogger initially as I was going to get a "build your own" from elegant vapour, but seeing it being built put me off lol. I've seen a lot of people mention the kayfun here so it seems like a good or at least popular tank anyway

The Kayfuns are a good tank to work with.Easy oto coil and rewick.Good flavour & vapour production.The 3.1 has a filler hole on the side the lite has it on the bottom but both can be filled from the top.

That's great thanks. I did look at the fogger initially as I was going to get a "build your own" from elegant vapour, but seeing it being built put me off lol. I've seen a lot of people mention the kayfun here so it seems like a good or at least popular tank anyway

Depends on how you like the draw.

The Kayfun is MUCH tighter.

If you want a simple single coil RBA, and prefer a tighter draw so you can mouth inhale, focused more on flavour than clouds, go with the Kayfun Lite.

If you prefer an airier draw, and are happy to experiment with dual coils, and are interested in biggish clouds then go with the fogger.

I much prefer the fogger v4 but then the Kayfun has way too tight a draw for me.

If your just moving up from a clearo into the world of rebuildables the Kayfun is more user friendly.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Think I'm gonna go with the Fogger purely as the idea of big clouds sounds appealing and I want one that will grow with me for a while.

I suppose rebuilding shouldn't be too hard (he says), I'm no stranger to electronics, coils and ohms law, with being a licensed amateur radio operator.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Think I'm gonna go with the Fogger purely as the idea of big clouds sounds appealing and I want one that will grow with me for a while.

I suppose rebuilding shouldn't be too hard (he says), I'm no stranger to electronics, coils and ohms law, with being a licensed amateur radio operator.

You won't regret it mate.

I have had a major clearout recently and sold a lot of gear but I wouldn't be without the fogger :)

I went for the yiloong one from here

https://www.elegantvapour.co.uk/atomizers/rebuildables/tanks/fogger-v4.html

I have had two of these and they are perfect.

The £15 ones are a clone but I've no experience with them

Back
Top Bottom