What's new

My first e-pipe a instructional guide

When it comes to the batteries. Is it safe to charge just one st a time or should I charge 2 together at all times?

When it comes to the batteries. Is it safe to charge just one st a time or should I charge 2 together at all times?
One at a time should be fine, and you're only using one at a time ........ but check your charger is OK with that. Mine is, and I think most are. :)

That way you'll always be able have your pipe on the go too! :)

One at a time should be fine, and you're only using one at a time ........ but check your charger is OK with that. Mine is, and I think most are. :)

That way you'll always be able have your pipe on the go too! :)

Sweet thanks

This is the one I am getting. Ordering it on Monday. Need to know how many batteries to order at first. Just wanna make sure I'm covered. And I don't mess anything up

Cause with my AA charger you have to have at least 2 in it to charge batteries

https://www.18650batterystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Nitecore-SC2-Charger&CartID=1

Are you aware that charger does not charge 18350 batteries @kockeyedkitty ?

I scrolled down to see what it charged and the 18350 was listed

I am reading this right aren't i?

Screenshot_20190328-065752.png

If not can you help me find one that will charge the 18350s so I buy the right one

That charger will be fine for you. You can charge single batteries in it, or two batteries at a time.

It allows you to pick how fast you charge them at the press of a button - it has four settings 0.5A, 1A, 2A, or 3A, which tells the charger how many amps per hour it charges the battery at.

In the case of these batteries, the lower the charging rate, the longer lifetime you will get from the battery, so 0.5 amps or 1 amps are the best settings for charging at.

If you were just going to use it a little in the evenings, say, you could just use 1 battery and then use a different setup whilst the battery is charging.

Or you could could get 2 batteries so you always have a charged battery ready.

Or if you are taking it out with you for the day and are going to use it a lot, 4 batteries might be better, so you have 3 charged batteries with you to last the day.

I hope that helps you decide. If you want more information, read on..

The stuff I will say below is harder to explain than it is to understand, so don't worry, everyone will help with any questions you might have.

These batteries tend to have a capacity of around 1000mAh. That means 1 "amp hour". They take an hour to completely discharge or recharge at 1 amp.

So if you used a coil that only needed 1 amp (this is not a realistic vaping scenario!) the battery would be completely flat after an hour's constant button pressing. But we don't tend to run these batteries flat, as the vape quality drops off as the battery gets flatter.

Of course, when vaping, we only press the button for a few seconds at a time, depending on your vaping style.

The best of these 18350 have a maximum output of 10 amps. That means if you used a coil that needed 10 amps, the battery would go completely flat after 6 minutes of constant button pressing!

The number of batteries you need depends on the vaping style and thus the resistance of the coil and it's amp draw, how much you will be using the pipe, and how convenient it is for you to have a number of charged batteries ready to go.

If you were using it with a coil at around 0.8 ohms, say, you would be pulling around 5 amps from the battery.

That would run the battery completely flat in around 12 minutes constant button pressing, but the vape would probably drop off after only 5 or 6 minutes.

That's around 50 or 60 5 second toots!

My apologies @kockeyedkitty i was reading the bit at the top and did not scroll all the way down. That one looks fine for you sorry again.:blondmoment:

Lol np thanks!!

That charger will be fine for you. You can charge single batteries in it, or two batteries at a time.

It allows you to pick how fast you charge them at the press of a button - it has four settings 0.5A, 1A, 2A, or 3A, which tells the charger how many amps per hour it charges the battery at.

In the case of these batteries, the lower the charging rate, the longer lifetime you will get from the battery, so 0.5 amps or 1 amps are the best settings for charging at.

If you were just going to use it a little in the evenings, say, you could just use 1 battery and then use a different setup whilst the battery is charging.

Or you could could get 2 batteries so you always have a charged battery ready.

Or if you are taking it out with you for the day and are going to use it a lot, 4 batteries might be better, so you have 3 charged batteries with you to last the day.

I hope that helps you decide. If you want more information, read on..

The stuff I will say below is harder to explain than it is to understand, so don't worry, everyone will help with any questions you might have.

These batteries tend to have a capacity of around 1000mAh. That means 1 "amp hour". They take an hour to completely discharge or recharge at 1 amp.

So if you used a coil that only needed 1 amp (this is not a realistic vaping scenario!) the battery would be completely flat after an hour's constant button pressing. But we don't tend to run these batteries flat, as the vape quality drops off as the battery gets flatter.

Of course, when vaping, we only press the button for a few seconds at a time, depending on your vaping style.

The best of these 18350 have a maximum output of 10 amps. That means if you used a coil that needed 10 amps, the battery would go completely flat after 6 minutes of constant button pressing!

The number of batteries you need depends on the vaping style and thus the resistance of the coil and it's amp draw, how much you will be using the pipe, and how convenient it is for you to have a number of charged batteries ready to go.

If you were using it with a coil at around 0.8 ohms, say, you would be pulling around 5 amps from the battery.

That would run the battery completely flat in around 12 minutes constant button pressing, but the vape would probably drop off after only 5 or 6 minutes.

That's around 50 or 60 5 second toots!

Oooh
I understood that thank you
I need to get 4!!

Edit I was wondering if I should get 2 or 4 couldn't make up my mind lol
Thanks!!!

Yep, I have a Nitecore D4 and that's the same with AA batteries, but it's fine for single 18350s. :)

Oh wow just realized it will do AS & AAA batteries too BONUS!! We have rechargeables of those lol can use if need be bit have a feeling it's gonna be busy with my 18350s lmao

Back
Top Bottom