What's new

Zeltu x pod

zouzounaki

Olympian
I’ve posted this in “nic salt” as that seems to be where people are posting about pods, and I couldn’t find another tread specifically
about the zeltu, and also because I think a few people have been wondering about this.

So, I tried hacking apart one of the pods for it, in a vain attempt to see if it might be rebuildable. The pod was going for almost four weeks and was still working ok but curiosity got the better of me, I had just received a delivery of four spares and wanted also to try the 1.2Ω one, so thought i would have a go.

Unfortunately i don’t think it’s possible, purely because I couldn’t get the thing apart! I suspect these pods are sealed together with some sort of industrial glue. Which is a shame, as the two pins on the bottom which trap the coil legs easily come out and expose the bottom of the legs. I’m sure if there was a way to split the two halves of the pod it would be fairly easy. But it seems that for me at least, it’s impossibe.

I was inspecting mine and Its one of the best built pods Ive seen.
Maybe applying some heat would break the seal?

That might be worth a try @bellyman . I just had a look at it again, and I’ve actually put a hairline crack in the plastic trying to get it off so whatever they’ve used is pretty strong.

I’ve submerged it in boiling water, let’s see if that does anything.

It’s hard to see inside it, slightly frosty, but it looks very well thought out.

Yep, I've been peering at mine and planning to give this a go ....... but as I'm only really using this for stealthy nic hits at work it's taking me a while to get through my first pod.

And I'm too much of a tightwad to try cracking one open before it's done ...... ;)

Hot water hardly budged it. It has split a tiny fraction of a mm and I tried to wedge it further with a big stainless steel Japanese chopper, but no use. Lucky they seem to last a while, then!

Hot water hardly budged it. It has split a tiny fraction of a mm and I tried to wedge it further with a big stainless steel Japanese chopper, but no use. Lucky they seem to last a while, then!

I was thinking of a heatgun and scalpel but like Crew, Im too tight to mash one up out of curiosity.
Another week or two and it should be dead, the little wick is starting to look black already.

Back
Top Bottom