What's new

Question, I have been told..

i use 20 mg alot in my pods but would not want to DTL it i did however manage to pick the wrong bottle once and dripped some 50mg on a dripper had to sit down for half an hour felt sick head was spinning and kept chewing the sides of my mouth i threw the bottle away after that

Yes forgot about the smoothie vape from nic salts..I strangely don’t get on with nic salts I find it makes my eliquid taste weird..this is definitely a me thing but I have tried all sorts..

I never used to be able to get on with them mate, used to make my throat feel slightly closed off but found in pods for some reason, work really well.

You're not the first person who has said it has altered the taste, heard it mentioned a few times.

i use 20 mg alot in my pods but would not want to DTL it i did however manage to pick the wrong bottle once and dripped some 50mg on a dripper had to sit down for half an hour felt sick head was spinning and kept chewing the sides of my mouth i threw the bottle away after that

But, that's not a product of that 50mg juice being salt based.

Try it with 50mg freebase, see how that works out for you.

O.k I think I will keep my normal setup and just use my little squonk with the profile on, and mix up some 10mg using nic salts .. and see how it pans out.

Will prob be in the pocket most of the time and dragged out when I'm thinking of cigarettes ...

Next Question .. Seems there are two types of nic salt.

Ph 4.8
7.2% (72mg) Nicotine Salts (Nicotine Salicylate)

or

PH 6.5
7.2% (72mg) Nicotine Salts (Nicotine benzoate)

err what's the better one, or is that again subjective?

O.k I think I will keep my normal setup and just use my little squonk with the profile on, and mix up some 10mg using nic salts .. and see how it pans out.

Will prob be in the pocket most of the time and dragged out when I'm thinking of cigarettes ...

Next Question .. Seems there are two types of nic salt.

Ph 4.8
7.2% (72mg) Nicotine Salts (Nicotine Salicylate)

or

PH 6.5
7.2% (72mg) Nicotine Salts (Nicotine benzoate)

err what's the better one, or is that again subjective?
I believe one is smoother than the other

Ph 4.8

The primary function of organic salt acids in nicotine salts are to help the nicotine salt vaporise at lower temperatures, to lower the pH levels in the nicotine salt, to improve nicotine absorption and to provide a “smoother throat hit” either because of the lower pH or desensitisation of the throat.

Ph 6.5

The primary function of organic salt acids in nicotine salts are to help the nicotine salt vaporise at lower temperatures, to lower the pH levels in the nicotine salt, to improve nicotine absorption and to provide a “smoother throat hit” either because of the lower pH or desensitisation of the throat.
Slightly more yellow in colour.

Last edited:

Also I just noticed you can't get Ph6.5 on in VG .. I can't handle much PG so I guess it's the PH4.8 in VG for me ... ;)

250ml for £25 delivered, sound a fair price?

Nicotine salt isn’t absorbed faster than freebase nic. In fact nicotine in tobacco is naturally in the salt form. It’s well known that for decades the big tobacco companies have been freebasing the nic in tobacco because it is absorbed faster and is apparently more addictive. Crack nicotine, is how it’s referred to in a number of articles that I’ve read about it over the years. Have a look on google, there’s a lot been written about this.

@Dezy it’s worth a try, the main advantage is the smoothness on the throat, as others have said. It might work. The difference between the two is down to the type of acid added to react with the nicotine and turn it into a salt. I’ve only tried benzoate. I can confirm it is very smooth.

Personally I don’t really like it but then I can happily puff 24mg freebase liquid and don’t find it too rough, so maybe I have no use for it.

Also I just noticed you can't get Ph6.5 on in VG .. I can't handle much PG so I guess it's the PH4.8 in VG for me ... ;)

Yes that’s the going rate..

Lower the PH the smoother the vape and if you vape 3mg but are time restricted and only want a few lung fulls then take it up to 18mg if you want it won't rip your throat out at all and no reason you can't as I've dripped 20mg at 140w on a goon with no issue and only vape 3mg DTL anything about MTL only for salts seems to be bullshit as far as I can tell

Back
Top Bottom