What's new

Nic Salts killing my coils

Topher83

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit of a novice and need some help - recently got some 50mg nice salts juice from a friend and it's gotten me off cigs the easiest and longest I ever have been (20ish year smoker) so I'm hesitant to stop using it, however imIgoung through coils like no one's business.

Using a Nautilus 2 which has also been a big help so my question is are there better MTL devices I could be using? Been looking at the Breeze 2 but currently unavailable in my country.

Any help greatly appreciated - thanks.

nicotine shouldn't be killing your coils.

what liquid is it exactly and what the VG/PG ratio?

which coils are you using in the N2 and at what power?

and how long are they usually lasting?

nicotine shouldn't be killing your coils.

what liquid is it exactly and what the VG/PG ratio?

which coils are you using in the N2 and at what power?

and how long are they usually lasting?

I'm using 50/50 and between 45mg to 50mg, Salty Man & Dr Sugar Chitz brands. I like the 1.6ohm aspire Nautilus coils but the 1.8 is what is usually in stock here (Ireland). I vape between 5 and 6.5 watts, so not too high I don't think - sometimes I can get 3 days but more often I burn it out in less than a day.

Thanks

I'm using 50/50 and between 45mg to 50mg, Salty Man & Dr Sugar Chitz brands. I like the 1.6ohm aspire Nautilus coils but the 1.8 is what is usually in stock here (Ireland). I vape between 5 and 6.5 watts, so not too high I don't think - sometimes I can get 3 days but more often I burn it out in less than a day.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with either liquids but I don't see anything else there that would be a problem other than that.

no, that's not too high, the 1.8 coils are fine up to around 12w imo, I usually vape around 10w on them and I'm usually ok for a week at the minimum.

I think you are right in pointing to the liquids, but I don't think it's because they contain nicotine salts, more likely because they contain sweeteners or flavourings that are causing a lot of gunk.

I don't know for sure but I've never heard of higher nicotine causing issues and nicotine salts are often used in the smallest pod type devices etc that would gunk very quickly I would imagine....

.... see what others say, I'm not really sure what to suggest other than trying a different liquid.

It will be the flavourings. Salt nic is very stable and doesn’t oxidise the way freebase nic does. Because of this the reactions that occur when you mix liquid normally don’t happen and what you have is simply a mixture of pg, vg and flavour molecules floating about.

@dw1986 is your man for Nic Salt advice. Particularly the stronger stuff.

He may know of the brands you are on and could have some recommendations for similar types that don’t kill coils.

Some people like barely flavoured or even unflavoured salt nic for their stealthers.

Thanks guys, I'll keep playing around and see if I can find something that works better

If you can find some 72mg you could dilute it down to 50/50, try it unflavoured and if necessary add flavour very gradually until you get what you’re after. I find unflavoured nic salt liquid very very good on coils.

If you can find some 72mg you could dilute it down to 50/50, try it unflavoured and if necessary add flavour very gradually until you get what you’re after. I find unflavoured nic salt liquid very very good on coils.
Thank you, is there a link or video you would recommend, I've never messed around with juices before, just store bought / online.

Back
Top Bottom