What's new

Why no love for the GTR?

I have two clones now and am saving cash to get a genuine soon. The refill takes some practice but that’s the only downside. It hasn’t left my rotation since I got one and that says a lot.
And... I got it to fit on a Pico. [emoji41]
Yes a big thanks to the ever lovely @instantlady who put me onto one of these a month or two back. Been in use with some tamahaak on the pico 25 for a while now. A fine tank indeed. Had to grab an ultem drip tip too.

24 hours in and yes, I am a believer!
So much so that it has changed my Top 5, booting the Integra off second place :)
For me...... and we are all different, a slightly larger bore Drip Tip brought the GTR to life and I am really taken with this. It appeals to my "Old School" sensibilities and certainly brings back a lot of memories of others I once had.
I have found exactly the same, I liked the original drip tip but a couple of weeks back I tried it with a wider bore Dvarw drip tip and it was a revelation. Its up there in my top 3 atties now.

Speaking of drip tips I have a question, occasionally I get gurgling spotted inside the top tube of the chimney. I remove the drip tip and stick a twisted napkin inside to wipe the "liquid", I wonder if the small diameter default drip tip causes it.
Does this happen to anyone else?
I use round Ka1 , 5 wraps 3mm ID, 0.9Ω, 15W.

Back
Top Bottom