What's new

What can TC offer an MTL Vaper?

I don’t think there’s any difference in flavour. The difference I noticed was a very steady, flat stream of vapour. Which I found a bit strange at first.

I thought the same as @zouzounaki. I tried it a couple of years back for a few months but went back power mode. I like the ramp up time when I’m vaping & it just didn’t seem as satisfying to me. I did think the flavour was “cleaner” but seeing as I now only vape tobacco flavours there didn’t seem to be a benefit (I like them to taste dirty :D).

You might as well give it a go but I suspect you will be like me as our vaping styles are the same.

No, your thread is great and very useful ........ I just didn't want to fill it up with the whys when you were getting into the hows! :2thumbsup:
I think one why is that your current set up will produce the same vape every time, which is fine of course, but you are unable to adjust the temperature of your vape without changing the air flow settings (coils aside). TC would allow you to set the same wattage you're used to and mess around with different temperatures of vapour to see what's nice for that juice and your mood at the time. Having said that, you'd typically arrive at a temp and wattage setting that you like best and leave it there for the majority of the time, which might be very close to your current wattage set up. :D

I find that it can practically remove ramp up time and allow you to ‘pick’ out the flavours in your juice by changing the temperature.

I like both TC and straight up VW, both offer a unique experience and I find it interesting to see how different juice tastes in each setup.

TC can also have the benefit of improving battery life by only using the power necessary to hit and maintain a temperature.

I think one why is that your current set up will produce the same vape every time, which is fine of course, but you are unable to adjust the temperature of your vape without changing the air flow settings (coils aside). TC would allow you to set the same wattage you're used to and mess around with different temperatures of vapour to see what's nice for that juice and your mood at the time. Having said that, you'd typically arrive at a temp and wattage setting that you like best and leave it there for the majority of the time, which might be very close to your current wattage set up. :D
That's my feeling too .... but hell, until I try I'm just guessing! :D

I wish I had been around when the first adjustable power mods came out "OMG, I can't cope with this it's so complicated, where my fixed voltage stick"

I bought a 40w Istick in 2015 and had that exact response. I eyed it suspiciously across the room for 6 months before finally giving up my Egos :oops2:

Based on that time-frame, I think it could be a good 5 years before I venture into TC territory ...

After meeting Phil's family I was wondering when the temp control section would be, when I had worked it out I thought I would update the thread... and there I see...

"From 57 minutes in..."

:12:

I thought the same as @zouzounaki. I tried it a couple of years back for a few months but went back power mode. I like the ramp up time when I’m vaping & it just didn’t seem as satisfying to me. I did think the flavour was “cleaner” but seeing as I now only vape tobacco flavours there didn’t seem to be a benefit (I like them to taste dirty :D).

You might as well give it a go but I suspect you will be like me as our vaping styles are the same.
That's kind of what I found with mesh wicks as well, maybe it's because I tend to like sweet tobacco/desserty combo juices, but I preferred most of the flavours in my regular tanks. Not all, but most. :)

That's kind of what I found with mesh wicks as well, maybe it's because I tend to like sweet tobacco/desserty combo juices, but I preferred most of the flavours in my regular tanks. Not all, but most. :)
I never use tc in a tank for the same reasons. I like the ramp up and warmth. But it's a fantastic tool when mtl squonking.
It's the reason I've stuck with the DNA squonk mods. I never have to worry about dry hits plus because I'm using a small chamber rda I get to pull every ounce of flavour from my favourite juices.
If I feel the cape throttling back I know I haven't squonked enough.

Back
Top Bottom