What's new

What can TC offer an MTL Vaper?

I’ve just switched to tc mode ...
saw this thread and quickly switched back after seeing centigrade and Fahrenheit..

Scary stuff
The W looks so much nicer and safer

If you do venture to the dark side, try to get out of the ohm mindset as it's less relevant to TC.

I’ve just switched to tc mode ...
saw this thread and quickly switched back after seeing centigrade and Fahrenheit..

Scary stuff
The W looks so much nicer and safer
Nothing scary about it at all. Just a different mindset.

No. You could be starting at 15-20w but the temp control kicks in and maintaining the temperature may only require 8-10w. I TC at 110w preheat, around 240c but to maintain that temp the mod is averaging 65w. Now this is on 0.15ohm dual coil so not MTL but the mechanics are the same. A MTL'er will give you the sort of figures high ohm/low watt use.

I have found the benefit to me on the beserker mini is preserving the coil and wicks with sweet juices like the element Nic Salt range. Where it seemed to be at the point with kanthal where flavour had degraded due to a gunked up coil after a day at work, it now lasts me all week with SS in temp control mode.

I didn't want to stuff up the other TC thread, but I've never been tempted to try TC. I usually vape 28AWG kanthal on 2.5mm ID to around 1.4 ohms and am very happy with that. Same build goes in pretty much every tank I have. I don't get dry hits or wicking issues, and if I do then it's something I can fix with my wicking.

I can see people in here getting interested ....... but I'm really not sure why I might be tempted or what it can offer? I'm not against ....... just waiting to be convinced it's worth trying ....... ;)

It just offers more precise control.

It's a bit like central heating vs a gas heater.

you can turn the gas heater up and down in power manually to regulate how hot your room gets, but with central heating you can set the thermostat to how warm you want the room and it will adjust the 'power' automatically to keep it there. In a way it's easier to set up than wattage mode because it's less dependent on resistance and power.

It's like anything though, you get used to your vape being the way it is, when you fire your mod at 11w or whatever, the coil temp rises throughout your draw, it has a curve, from room temp to whatever it gets to at the end, you don't really have any control over that but it will be fairly consistent with the same resistance, power, air hole, length of draw.

If it gets too hot at the end of your draw, you might lower the power but then that will shift the whole curve lower, with TC you can limit it and keep the rest of the draw curve exactly the same.

If you hard limit (like I do) you can eliminate the temp curve altogether and have the same temp for the whole draw, so the 'curve' becomes a flat line. There's no ramp up and no sense of the coil getting hotter, it acts more like an 'on/off' switch.

It just offers more precise control.

It's a bit like central heating vs a gas heater.

you can turn the gas heater up and down in power manually to regulate how hot your room gets, but with central heating you can set the thermostat to how warm you want the room and it will adjust the 'power' automatically to keep it there. In a way it's easier to set up than wattage mode because it's less dependent on resistance and power.

It's like anything though, you get used to your vape being the way it is, when you fire your mod at 11w or whatever, the coil temp rises throughout your draw, it has a curve, from room temp to whatever it gets to at the end, you don't really have any control over that but it will be fairly consistent with the same resistance, power, air hole, length of draw.

If it gets too hot at the end of your draw, you might lower the power but then that will shift the whole curve lower, with TC you can limit it and keep the rest of the draw curve exactly the same.

If you hard limit (like I do) you can eliminate the temp curve altogether and have the same temp for the whole draw, so the 'curve' becomes a flat line. There's no ramp up and no sense of the coil getting hotter, it acts more like an 'on/off' switch.
LOL!!!!! We don't have gas ..... or central heating .......... :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::S

I'm trying .... honest I am ........ but my first reaction is to say it's fine as it is ..................... sigh ................ we shall see! :D

Back
Top Bottom