What's new

Vandyvape Beserker MTL RTA V1.5

South Indian kormas are excellent, coconut instead of cream, nicely spiced and not sickeningly sweet like hose British ones.

Not tried one but our favourite Indian is a Kerelan and we absolutely love it. More fragrant and delicate than your typical Bangladeshi .

Oops derail.

Sooo better than the True? That’s some claim. Re-wicked the true today with a slightly different method and it’s just totally blowing me away. Makes me realise how much wicking can affect these things.

Not tried one but our favourite Indian is a Kerelan and we absolutely love it. More fragrant and delicate than your typical Bangladeshi .

I love it. Worked in a south indian restaurant for a couple of years. Got some good hints from the chef and learned quite a bit. Coconut, curry leaves, green chillis and cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and black mustard are the kingpins. And his secret ingredient was aijwain seeds.

I love it. Worked in a south indian restaurant for a couple of years. Got some good hints from the chef and learned quite a bit. Coconut, curry leaves, green chillis and cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and black mustard are the kingpins. And his secret ingredient was aijwain seeds.
Ah you lucky bugger. I’d love to spend time in a proper Indian kitchen.

@pancser thought I would revive this thread.
For me the v 1.5 is a big improvement over the original Beserker. Looks have improved a bit and so has usability. I couldn't get on with the original and couldn't be arsed to faff about with it to hit the sweet spot. Wicking is much, much easier, although I did stuff the wick channels on my first attempt and got dry hits. Since then I have not had a dry hit, leak or gurgle, even after filling the tank with the airflow left open. You do get a slight bit of residue when resealing top cap though.

The airflow ring is a bit on the tight side, but not really a problem. It's better than being too loose. You have an airflow slot under the coil, similar to KF Prime, which to me is no bad thing. You can get a really tight draw out of this, and yes @John R , I mean toiger toight. Fully open the airflow is a moderate MTL. If you're looking for loose MTL, look away now.

Flavour is subjective, but I would compare it to a KF Prime that is working well, meaning it is very good.

Overall, I prefer it to the True and Hastur Mini, but that is personal to me. It is 24mm diameter though, so will put off @Crewella and @zouzounaki .

Thanks @rew for your review I can not agree more but I still like the original(24mm) as well
Where did you get that frosted tank section?
20181222_183745.jpg

Ps: if anyone has an unwanted SS Berserker v1(24mm) let me know
I will post this request in the "wanted" section as well

Thanks @rew for your review I can not agree more but I still like the original(24mm) as well
Where did you get that frosted tank section?
View attachment 181217

Ps: if anyone has an unwanted SS Berserker v1(24mm) let me know
I will post this request in the "wanted" section as well

I got my tank off ebay. The frosted tank came fitted + I got clear glass and metal as well.

Back
Top Bottom