What's new

Top Fill For Doggystyle

Sunastar

Postman
Seems the Doggy gets juice flow control and top fill in the new iteration:

I don't have any more details. I picked this link up from a fasttech forum, but there is nothing on the Animodz website.

From what I could deduce from the video they seem to have gone back to the future to copy the Cloud One top fill system, albeit with an inferior jfc design. The fact that they turn the tank upside down after filling suggests that they don't have a deal of faith in the jfc being leak proof - I've never had to turn my Cloud One upside down after filling!

It is hard to tell from the video but it doesn't look as though they have dealt with the real weakness in the v1, which is the air flow control which spins through 360 degrees and means you always have to carry a little blue screwdriver in case you want to separate the tank from the base. I would have thought that while they were copying the Cloud One top fill, they ought to have copied the Cloud One afc as well.

There was also a suggestion on the forum that there is going to be a nano tank option for the Doggy, which might be of interest to those of you who use the Doggy as a stealth device, as a nano tank would make it even stealthier, and even @zouzanaki wouldn't complain that it was too big, lol!

Might be worth you Doggystyle fans monitoring the situation, as if it happens, it won't be long before the cloners get to work!

The Doggy has kind of gone on the benches for me, though I do still use them sometimes, especially as they are so reliably leakproof. The topfill could tempt me back ....... :2thumbsup:

Ach topfill isn’t a step forward for this. They’ve complicated it unnecessarily. It’s not hard to take the tank off to fill it, and no need most times to take it off the mod.

As an example, I have the zeta (topfill) and the dvarw on my elfins for the past couple of weeks. The dvarw is no harder to open and fill than the zeta. Anybody struggling to fill these tanks, screwing it off the mod, attacking it with pliers or sticking screwdrivers in it’s little hole are doing it wrong.

I’ve tried to explain how to do this before, it’s elementary and simple common sense but nobody seems capable of understanding it so it seems like once again I’m in a minority of one. :P

Ach topfill isn’t a step forward for this. They’ve complicated it unnecessarily. It’s not hard to take the tank off to fill it, and no need most times to take it off the mod.

As an example, I have the zeta (topfill) and the dvarw on my elfins for the past couple of weeks. The dvarw is no harder to open and fill than the zeta. Anybody struggling to fill these tanks, screwing it off the mod, attacking it with pliers or sticking screwdrivers in it’s little hole are doing it wrong.

I’ve tried to explain how to do this before, it’s elementary and simple common sense but nobody seems capable of understanding it so it seems like once again I’m in a minority of one. :P

I don’t think I’ve ever taken a bottom fill tank off a mod to fill it. Do people do this?

Bring on the clones. Great news, I will have one of each thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom