What's new

Top 5 MTL Tanks.

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
In use at the moment so I guess they are my current favourites. Hastur, hastur mini, dvarw, evil, berserker rta.

I've had a bit of a breakthrough with KF Lite. When tightening the barrel down, I back it off by half a turn. I had wicking probs before, but now its fine and not flooding either.

The barrel on the Kayfun Lite was made to be screwed on one specific way only.
If you look inside at the threads you will notice one end has the threads cut in nearly all the way to the top and the other end they stop short creating a larger smooth bevel.

The large smooth bevel end should be screwed down to lay on top of the juice slots which creates a larger area for to liquid to pass.

I found a article by one of the designers of the Kayfun Lite many years ago, who mentioned this but also went onto say that the instructions failed to include this fact and the barrel also was not marked in any way to show the correct orientation when reassembled.

Screwing on the larger bevel end first will have the same effect that backing off the barrel had for you but with the advantage of being able to fully tighten down.

If you look inside at the threads you will notice one end has the threads cut in nearly all the way to the top and the other end they stop short creating a larger smooth bevel.

The large smooth bevel end should be screwed down to lay on top of the juice slots which creates a larger area for to liquid to pass.

I found a article by one of the designers of the Kayfun Lite many years ago, who mentioned this but also went onto say that the instructions failed to include this fact and the barrel also was not marked in any way to show the correct orientation when reassembled.

Screwing on the larger bevel end first will have the same effect that backing off the barrel had for you but with the advantage of being able to fully tighten down.

I'll check that out. Many thanks

1. SXK Corolla v1.5
2. Vika Fantasy Holy Grail
3. Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA
4. Joyetech AIO Eco

that's all i use, Corolla's for daily vaping, Vika for when stock coils are easier, Hastur when I want big capacity, joyetech for shopping, cinema, stealth.

...... and in at number 2.

1. SXK Corolla v1.5
2. Cthulhu Hastur Mini MTL RTA
3. Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA
4. Vika Fantasy Holy Grail
5. Joyetech AIO Eco

I switched the barrel round and it wicks perfectly now. Thanks. Really can't see any noticeable difference on the barrel though. Will have to try and mark it somehow.

I switched the barrel round and it wicks perfectly now. Thanks. Really can't see any noticeable difference on the barrel though. Will have to try and mark it somehow.

It’s a subtle difference. Try looking at an angle to the inside of the barrel and turning, not from above.
I use to sometimes have good wicking and some days not as before I knew this I had a 50/50 chance of putting the barrel back on the optimum way.
Glad it’s working for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom